Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Screw question

5shot
Cowhand
United States of America

Screw question

Post by 5shot » Sat Dec 02, 2023 10:45 pm

Wondering if anyone can tell me what function this screw serves? The reason I ask is because on my last outing with this .44 X Model I had a few unexplained flyers and when checking the screws back home this one was loose by over a full turn. Could that have been a factor in the flyers?
I know the obvious answer is tighten it up and shoot again but....I've got a knee replacement coming up next week and don't know if a range trip before then is going to happen.
So...anyone??
Screw.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
0 x

Ozarkwoodswalker
Cowboy
United States of America

Re: Screw question

Post by Ozarkwoodswalker » Sun Dec 03, 2023 7:02 am

Hope the knee replacement goes well!
0 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Sun Dec 03, 2023 2:17 pm

5shot wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2023 10:45 pm
Wondering if anyone can tell me what function this screw serves? The reason I ask is because on my last outing with this .44 X Model I had a few unexplained flyers and when checking the screws back home this one was loose by over a full turn. Could that have been a factor in the flyers?
I know the obvious answer is tighten it up and shoot again but....I've got a knee replacement coming up next week and don't know if a range trip before then is going to happen.
So...anyone??

Screw.jpg
Outer Mag Tube Set Screw.
1 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

5shot
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by 5shot » Sun Dec 03, 2023 2:29 pm

Screw.jpg
[/quote]
[/quote]

Does that mean I have to come up with some other excuse for lousy shooting? :oops: I figured that the screw being directly under the magazine that's what it was but wondered if it also in some way supported the action? Kind of like the front screw on a bolt gun. :?
0 x

5shot
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by 5shot » Sun Dec 03, 2023 2:31 pm

Ozarkwoodswalker wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2023 7:02 am
Hope the knee replacement goes well!
Thank you. I was hoping to finish out this tour of duty with original issue running gear but it was not to be.
0 x

Ozarkwoodswalker
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Ozarkwoodswalker » Sun Dec 03, 2023 2:53 pm

Im running on several after market parts... an artificial hip,have a stent by my heart, a piece of wire in my shoulder new multifocal lens implants in my eyes, and of course some crown and bridge work.... all better than wore out parts... im sure you will be happy with your knee once you get healed up....
2 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Mon Dec 04, 2023 1:12 am

5shot wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2023 2:29 pm
Screw.jpg
Does that mean I have to come up with some other excuse for lousy shooting? :oops: ...
Maybe the loose outer mag tube rattling around at the receiver end jerks the other end of the mag tube around at the muzzle during recoil :?: :mrgreen:
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Mon Dec 04, 2023 2:25 am

Ozarkwoodswalker wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2023 2:53 pm
Im running on several after market parts... an artificial hip,have a stent by my heart, a piece of wire in my shoulder new multifocal lens implants in my eyes, and of course some crown and bridge work.... all better than wore out parts... im sure you will be happy with your knee once you get healed up....
I’m running on all OEM although I’ve been told I have a screw loose.
3 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

Mr. Neutron
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Mr. Neutron » Mon Dec 04, 2023 2:00 pm

I think we need to come up with a list of poor shooting excuses. We could number each one, and simply write down the appropriate excuse # when we post. How easy could that make it, and it would enhance all our lives? :mrgreen: :roll: :lol: :oops: I would've used them all by now......

5shot, I too hope your replacement goes well. I'm a recipient of 2 of 'em myself. Doin' really well with mine, but I really pushed my rehab/PT hard after the surgeries. My only regrets are what the scars have done to my knee modeling career...... :lol:

Try to exceed every thing they ask you do for yor recovery, especially the flexibility & strengthening exercises. Don't be afraid to push yourself hard; it'll benefit you tremendously down the road. And a good recumbant exercise bike can become your new best friend after a knee replacement! ;)

The folks I know that had THE MOST PROBLEMS after a knee replacement were those that wouldn't work through the pain (Not gonna lie; there will be some pain, but it's only for a short time frame) and didn't push the rehab either at all, or gave only a half-hearted effort. With knee replacements, the surgery is 50% what your doctor does, and the other 50% is what YOU do......
2 x
Jimmie

An Okie living in Oregon

H009G
H004
H009BG
"Never miss a good chance to shut up." Will Rogers
"It's better to eat yer fruit before ya shoot it." youtuber WHO_TEE_WHO

5shot
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by 5shot » Mon Dec 04, 2023 5:33 pm

Thank you Mr. Neutron! I appreciate the sound advice from someone who's been there, done that and got the t-shirt! Everyone I've talked to has pretty much said the same thing you did and the failure stories have involved people that thought they could "sandbag" on the rehab efforts. I had to stick pretty close to camp this deer season and that alone should be enough incentive to motivate me!

My favorite excuses are "That dang target won't sit still" or "The crosshairs were right on target the last time I looked". :lol:
1 x