Get out and shoot your Henry. Bring a friend and share the fun.

Our Morning Coffee and Weather

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
cooperhawk
Drover
United States of America

Re: Our Morning Coffee and Weather

Post by cooperhawk » Mon Sep 18, 2023 9:08 am

Fog/Mist, 46°F, Humidity 100%
Wind Speed Calm
Barometer 30.02 in
Patchy fog before 9am. Otherwise, increasing clouds, with a high near 75.
South southeast wind 5 to 10 mph.
Coffee and cantaloupe this morning.
We closed the pool yesterday and then a nice couple came out and drove the old
Winnebago. Hope they buy it so I don't have to plow snow around it next Winter.
0 x
Retired FAA Air Traffic Control Supervisor
VFW (Life Member), VVA (Life Member)
Legion (Life Member), NRA (Life Member)
U S Army Aviation 64-67, Vietnam MACV 65-66

brm4450
Drover
United States of America

Post by brm4450 » Mon Sep 18, 2023 9:44 am

IMG_2846.png
IMG_2846.png (4.57 MiB) Viewed 810 times

Not much happening today, I get to spend the afternoon with granddaughter as she is convalescing. Everyone have a great day!🇺🇸
1 x
H012C, 2 H004V, H001TMER, H004SV, H001TV, H001TLB, H003T, H005MG, H001V, H001TLP, Rossi Ranch Hand, Uberti 1860, Ubérti 1866 Goldenboy
"when you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk" Tuco

Hatchdog
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Hatchdog » Mon Sep 18, 2023 10:06 am

52 and overcast today with another fire warning for winds and low humidity today. Here at my place we didn’t get much wind yesterday, thankfully! We should see temps in the 70’s today.

Heading out for a routine maintenance doc visit this morning and then home to await the chimney sweep who will clean my stove pipe. Got all my wood split and with the pipe cleaning I’m ready to enjoy a warm fire. Sure hope I don’t have to enjoy this for several weeks.
0 x

Shakey Jake
Drover
United States of America

Post by Shakey Jake » Mon Sep 18, 2023 10:46 am

It's starting to get a bit cooler and almost great weather for riding the Harley. It was 70° this morning on the dog walk about 6:30 a.m. I just had cereal and coffee for breakfast. I'm going to try to finish off a flute overhaul (a handmade Boston Haynes made in the 60's). They take a while to do.
Jake
0 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Mon Sep 18, 2023 1:30 pm

after a good 4-day outing with our camping club, we got home shortly before noon .... the camper is pretty well unloaded and we are once again settled in at home .... Maureen's new pup is scheduled to be spayde early in the morning ....she's a very active puppy so from what we've been told, she's going to have to be on sedatives for a few days we should get word around 4PM about when Maureen's Blazer to complete its ceramic coating and will be ready for us to bring home
0 x

Cattle Driver
Australia

Post by 220 » Mon Sep 18, 2023 4:22 pm

Hatchdog wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2023 9:58 am
Enjoy spring 220, it’s always fun when you report the opposite seasons that we here in the States are experiencing.
We made it to 88 yesterday, warm night for this time of year being above 60 at sunrise, high 80's again today.
Still another cold front predicted for later in the week with maximums lower than we have had as minimums for the past few days and minimums around freezing.
Took a gamble and started planting in the veggie patch with the good weather, hopefully we dont drop below freezing.
1 x

cooperhawk
Drover
United States of America

Post by cooperhawk » Tue Sep 19, 2023 8:21 am

Fair, 52°F, Humidity 88%
Wind Speed Calm
Barometer 29.82 in
Mostly sunny, with a high near 81.
South southeast wind 5 to 10 mph.
Coffee and melon.

I have another prospective buyer for the motorhome coming this AM. Here's hoping.

I may have mentioned this in the past but I am a member of a Holding Corp for our
American Legion Post. We are trying to develop our 4 acre property into a "Veteran's
Village" apartment complex. We thought we were dead in the water due to the
interest rates, but suddenly yesterday the project came back to life with a wealthy
benefactor who wants to help. I have a big meeting this afternoon to work it out
with him. Here's hoping.
1 x
Retired FAA Air Traffic Control Supervisor
VFW (Life Member), VVA (Life Member)
Legion (Life Member), NRA (Life Member)
U S Army Aviation 64-67, Vietnam MACV 65-66

Hatchdog
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Hatchdog » Tue Sep 19, 2023 8:39 am

37 as I type this and since it’s still not sunup that may drop another degree or two. Jack Frost is knocking on the door, go away please. High of 67 with partly cloudy skies predicted.

Heading up to our property today to do some clean up. I have an RV pad up there and last time I was up there the Canadian Thistle had taken over again. Going to try to pull the thistle and then will spray with a product called Ground Clear which kills both the exposed weed and the pre-emergents in the ground. Works best in the spring so I’ll hit it again then.

Planning on taking the RV up there next week for some grouse hunting and general lazing around.
0 x

Shakey Jake
Drover
United States of America

Post by Shakey Jake » Tue Sep 19, 2023 11:31 am

I would an hour or so 37°. It wouldn't take long for me to be tired of it. It's almost getting to the point where it is comfortable in the mornings as it was 71° on the dog walk this morning. Currently it's 83° and sunny. I've got a bit of work to do today then I'll start on an deep clean of the workroom. I just had cereal and coffee for breakfast.
Jake
0 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Wed Sep 20, 2023 8:02 am

60 now on its way to 83 later on what is expected to be a beautiful day in central NC .... looks like a tropical system forming southeast of us will probably bring a very wet weekend with it ..... pretty quiet morning on tap .... biggest concern is keeping Maureen's pup quiet as she recovers from yesterday's spaying ..... she's pretty sluggish this morning, sure hope her meds keep her that way
0 x