Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Round 3 FIGHT!

What's happening on or with the forum
fortyshooter
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Re: Round 3 FIGHT!

Post by fortyshooter » Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:36 pm

Hope all goes well on your recovery Dave. So far wife and I have had no Covid and no other boosters since our first two shots way back when it first started.
1 x

The Happy Kaboomer
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by The Happy Kaboomer » Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:37 pm

NO shots..........Never got the wuflu.
2 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:17 am

Get well soon. On Friday I drove my 85 year old neighbor home from the hospital. He tested positive. Then a day later his wife tested positive. I tested negative.

He had a pace maker put in about a month ago and is not doing very good. She isn’t either although after an hour on the phone talking to her she got a lot better. I think she needed someone to talk to as she was distraught and crying at first and at the end we were telling funny stories and laughing.
2 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

dave77
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by dave77 » Mon Mar 06, 2023 9:28 am

Feeling quite a bit better already, nasal congestion is a lot better than it was Sat night. Still running a slight fever and feel pretty run down. Have a bad taste at the back of my mouth but it seems that is a side effect of the Paxlovid. Food tastes OK while I'm eating but the bad taste comes back later.
1 x

Rifletom
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by Rifletom » Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:39 am

Same as what forty said, no covid. Hope you get to feeling better Dahlia.
0 x

Dahliathemeh
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Dahliathemeh » Mon Mar 06, 2023 1:34 pm

All better, but had a lingering cough. I was taking NyQuil and DayQuil and I was having really bad reactions to them. I was thinking it was COVID getting worse. After I stopped taking them, I was in the mend.
1 x
I never take myself seriously....

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Mon Mar 06, 2023 6:25 pm

Dahliathemeh wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 1:34 pm
All better, but had a lingering cough. I was taking NyQuil and DayQuil and I was having really bad reactions to them. I was thinking it was COVID getting worse. After I stopped taking them, I was in the mend.
I bought a bottle each of the day and night just to have them on hand. Glad you’re feeling better.
1 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

Redthies
Cowboy
Canada

Post by Redthies » Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:39 pm

Sir Henry wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 6:25 pm
Dahliathemeh wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 1:34 pm
I bought a bottle each of the day and night just to have them on hand. Glad you’re feeling better.
As Dennis Leary says “NyQuil is the 13th step!” That stuff will cure diseases you don’t even have :mrgreen:

I got 2 Moderna shots (for travel). Zero ill effects. No Covid, and as of yet, I haven’t “died suddenly”.

Hope y’all are healthy!
1 x
SGC .22 LR Stripped and oiled up
BBSC .357 w Skinner Express & Patridge
BBSC .44 Magnum with Skinners
Marlin 1895GS .45-70 w RPP Cloverleaf
Marlin 336BL .30-30 w Skinner LoPro 2 and Sig 2-7x
1912 Winchester 1894 .30 WCF

dave77
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by dave77 » Thu Mar 09, 2023 5:16 pm

Just did a home test and it was negative. No temp since Tuesday, still somewhat congested and still feeling run-down (maybe not that much more than usual). I had just started Pulmonary Re-hab classes but had to cancel my 2 for this week. My Pulmonary Doctor told me if I start getting more exercise (30 minutes continuous a day), lose some weight and start using my C-Pap machine every night I should see some improvement in my shortness of breath.

I hate that C-Pap machine with a passion but used it pretty regularly when I first got one. Got out of using it during the recall and just can't get back to using it, most nights I think about putting the mask on and then say I'll start tomorrow.
2 x

dave77
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by dave77 » Sat Mar 25, 2023 12:13 am

So, went to the hospital yesterday morning for a routine Upper GI, was all stripped down and in my hospital gown and had my IV started. Anesthesiologist came in and and said he was looking at My Chart and saw that I had a recent prescription for Paxlovid. I had not thought to mention my recent case of Co-vid and it hadn't shown up in my records because I hadn't gone in and just talked to my Primary doctor on the phone for the Paxlovid presciption.

He said even though I had tested negative over 2 weeks earlier and the Co-vid had been a very mild case he wanted to wait at least 2 months as there is always a risk with total anesthesia and even though I felt fine there was possibly still some lung issues from the Co-vid and I already have some added risk due to my COPD and diabetes.

I guess it's a good thing he caught it, there's a pretty fine line between total anesthesia and total dead.
1 x