Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Daystate Huntsman fill problem, losing pressure when bleeding compressor line

All things air related here. BB guns, pellet guns, paintball guns, even air shotguns.
John E Davies
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Daystate Huntsman fill problem, losing pressure when bleeding compressor line

Post by John E Davies » Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:35 pm

Following is a copy of an email I sent to Air Tanks Plus, about this unit:

F3216D11-DD7B-4AB3-8452-DCC639B7E417.png

https://airtanksplus.com/product/quick ... eed_valve/

I have a new Daystate Huntsman Revere Regulated rifle with 250 bar fill pressure. I use an Air Venturi Nomad 2 compressor with the included AV short hose and AV inline filter (located near the compressor). I am having trouble venting the fill line fast enough using the compressor vent for the Daystate fill check valve to shut off quickly, I lose several hundred psi in the rifle’s cylinder each time. I do NOT want to overfill the tank in order to end up with 250 bar. Would your in-line check valve with bleed screw, positioned at the rifle fill probe, allow me to bleed the air fast enough for the Daystate pressure to stay where it is supposed to be? I am a little confused, does your bleed screw vent the air that is trapped at the outlet of its check valve (close to the female Foster fitting?) I would appreciate your thoughts, I do not want to order this unit if it won’t get the results I need.

2F2A62DF-3AC8-4DA3-BA0B-557823F2008F.jpeg
29D83C82-42B3-428C-AC01-B355FBC88A8E.jpeg

Thanks for any comments, I don’t expect to hear back from him for a few days, so I would like to order it now, if it will cure the problem. Is there a cheaper device that would do the same job?

Yes, that is a CLAM small shelter (6’ x 6’) located inside my RV bay. The air temp in the garage is about 45 degrees, the CLAM is 65 degrees inside with my little rotating box heater, and three “storm panels” covering the screen sides. It works superbly.

John Davies
Spokane WA
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by John E Davies on Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

John E Davies
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Re: Daystate Huntsman fill problem, losing pressure when bleeding compressor line

Post by John E Davies » Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:00 pm

3E9576F0-99CA-42D3-9698-98ECE60B5565.jpeg
2AB111DB-FD79-4052-9E55-A7E5B8663E83.jpeg
57FEE563-7357-4A67-A4CD-7CEE3831306D.jpeg

John Davies
Spokane WA
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
0 x

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Re: Daystate Huntsman fill problem, losing pressure when bleeding compressor line

Post by North Country Gal » Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:46 am

John, I don't use that compressor or fill connections and I suspect the issue is there, not with the gun. I use a Daystate EC 300 compressor and it has the decompression valve built right into the compressor, not somewhere in the fill line or the connection. Never had this issue, but, I agree, do not overfill to compensate for air loss as you bleed.

Can you just use the compressor bleed? That's all I do on mine.
0 x

John E Davies
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by John E Davies » Thu Nov 24, 2022 12:28 pm

North Country Gal wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:46 am

Can you just use the compressor bleed? That's all I do on mine.
I have been using the compressor bleed screw, it works perfectly fine on my Hatsan (200 bar) but on the Daystate it doesn’t work well. I thought if I could dump the much smaller amount of trapped air right at the fill probe, it would allow the DS check valve to seat more rapidly. Then open the compressor bleed screw…. I think my filter adds so much extra volume to the line that it doesn’t dump as fast as it could. Next time I will remove the entire filter assembly as a test, to see what happens.

And I have to admit the compressor works a whole lot harder to get up to 250 bar. I was surprised.

I have been doing pellet testing, I found a couple that shoot well, single hole ten shot groups, but the RWS Super H-Point Field Line pellets, in spite of looking absolutely gorgeous, gave me a 1.4” shotgun pattern At 15 yards. I really like this rifle so far. For a purely mechanical trigger it is wonderful.

John Davies
Spokane WA
0 x

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Thu Nov 24, 2022 1:16 pm

John, I played around with all types of pellets in the past, but I long ago gave up on hollow points and spire points and all the other gimmicky stuff. The only thing I shoot, now, are domed pellets, except for wad cutters in the 10m competition guns.

For instance, my 177 Huntsman loves the Baracuda Match 10.65s.

1 x