Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

#@^&*! Windshield Wiper Blades

Cattle Driver
Australia

Re: #@^&*! Windshield Wiper Blades

Post by 220 » Sat Mar 26, 2022 4:45 pm

markiver54 wrote:
Fri Mar 25, 2022 4:46 pm
VERY true. I just replaced mine recently. I remember the days when you could just change the rubber. Not anymore though. They weren't making enough money, so now it's the whole arm! :roll:
Thankfully we can still buy just rubbers if you look hard enough here in Aus although manufacturers seem to make it harder. Current Nissan has different size rubbers on each arm not only length but one is 8mm the other 10mm, I have to buy 2 lots of rubbers although it does mean I have a spare set which is just as well because I am another that am lucky to get 6 months from them.
2 x

Rifletom
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by Rifletom » Sun Mar 27, 2022 9:46 pm

Agree with all of the above. Some rather colorful language replacing the wipers on wife's car. What happened to simplicity?
0 x

Ernie
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Ernie » Mon Mar 28, 2022 4:17 pm

Went to my older sisters Saturday to attempt to install new wiper blades she had purchased at Costco. They were the correct lengths but there was no way to install them on her car. None of the adaptors would fit over the wiper arm and nothing I did would connect to the slot on the arm. There was a statement on the installation instructions that additional adaptors may be required but did not tell you if they were available. Packed everything back up just the way they came and told her to return them. I am willing to pay the price difference for her to get some at a local retailer that will install them.
0 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Mon Mar 28, 2022 4:44 pm

Ernie wrote:
Mon Mar 28, 2022 4:17 pm
I am willing to pay the price difference for her to get some at a local retailer that will install them.
I've pretty much decided that I've moved into that group as well -- :?
1 x