Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Henry New Models

here is a place to discuss anything related to Henry
BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Re: Henry New Models

Post by BrokenolMarine » Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:28 am

I bought the Henry .22 and the Henry .357 to go with the Single Action and Revolver I had. I WAS going to buy the 45-70 just for fun; then we moved, I had to set up the new farm and haven't gotten my range done and the ammo craze happened. I don't see that happening now. I had wanted Henry to make a single shot 223 so I could add one to my collection, but something in line with the Ruger #1; a falling block, dead accurate. When that didn't happen, I went with a Ruger American Predator that uses the AR Mags. I have a couple of those around. :roll: Scoped up the Ruger will solve the coyote problem.

If I was to buy another Henry, it would be the Henry Original. I'd do that if I sold off a bunch of the Handguns I don't need for teaching any longer. ;)
2 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

leverjc
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by leverjc » Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:17 am

I am somewhat confused why Henry is bringing out so many new models when I haven't seen any Henrys at the local gun shops except rimfires.
1 x

Hatchdog
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Hatchdog » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:06 am

A year ago or so I bought a Ruger mag fed .556 (Gunsite Scout) that has the laminated stock similar to the new Henry. My thinking is (and this will never happen in my lifetime) if AR style rifles become extinct (I’ll leave it right there in order to not get political) a fast shooting large capacity rifle that’s not a semi auto is a good thing to have on hand.

I see two advantages with the new Henry, a lever is faster than a bolt and the rail is needed for an optic. The downside is the limited ammo capacity. Personally I don’t think this new Long Ranger is very tactical looking when compared to some of the crazy stuff out there.

And as stated above, as long as Henry keeps making the blue/wood/levers we love fine and dandy. Case in point is me, I just bought a 410 lever shotgun to replace a 20 ga semi auto for grouse hunting. Now that makes no sense at all as I’m giving up power and speed. But I care more about hunting with a beautiful lever shotgun that suits my tastes than the latest greatest whiz-bang grouse getter out there. But at my age I have shot a lot of grouse and if I never shoot another I’m good with that. So I’ll just enjoy being out there with my sub-par old school lever action sub caliber shotgun and love every minute of it.
2 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:17 am

here is a link to all of Henry's new rifles ====> https://www.henryusa.com/firearm-category/new-models/ .... I'm intrigued by the new Long Ranger .... I'd prefer a traditional Henry stock but I don't have a major issue with the "weather-resistant birch laminate furniture" .... nor do I have any issue of with it coming with "a factory mounted Picatinny rail" .... I really like its "16.5” barrel, threaded 5/8×24 to accept the muzzle device of your choosing" .... based on past history, sooner or later they will chamber it for 308 .... when that time comes I may well be in the market to add one to my Henry collection
0 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:10 am

Hatchdog wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:06 am
A year ago or so I bought a Ruger mag fed .556 (Gunsite Scout) that has the laminated stock similar to the new Henry. My thinking is (and this will never happen in my lifetime) if AR style rifles become extinct (I’ll leave it right there in order to not get political) a fast shooting large capacity rifle that’s not a semi auto is a good thing to have on hand.

I see two advantages with the new Henry, a lever is faster than a bolt and the rail is needed for an optic. The downside is the limited ammo capacity. Personally I don’t think this new Long Ranger is very tactical looking when compared to some of the crazy stuff out there.

And as stated above, as long as Henry keeps making the blue/wood/levers we love fine and dandy. Case in point is me, I just bought a 410 lever shotgun to replace a 20 ga semi auto for grouse hunting. Now that makes no sense at all as I’m giving up power and speed. But I care more about hunting with a beautiful lever shotgun that suits my tastes than the latest greatest whiz-bang grouse getter out there. But at my age I have shot a lot of grouse and if I never shoot another I’m good with that. So I’ll just enjoy being out there with my sub-par old school lever action sub caliber shotgun and love every minute of it.
Been shooting skeet here in Texas with a guy who is shooting 28 gauge and 410 out of an over and under. He is a good shot with both calibers. Alot better than I am with a 20 ga.
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by daytime dave » Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:47 pm

Hatchdog wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:06 am

Although this has nothing to do with the original post, I have to agree with you Hatchdog. While I haven't hunted as much as I would like to, I would like to hunt with what I want to as well. I have been fortunate in some respects and I can choose from some nice firearms when I go afield. That beautiful .410 leveraction would make a fine bird gun, squirrel or rabbit gun in my parts.
I put my favorite gun shop on the look out for one of the Henry garden guns when they were announced. Why do you need one of those a friend asked? Why for my garden I responded. It has done a great job so far in the very limited time I have had it and even more limited time to use it. I don't know how many they made, but I don't suspect there is a huge market for such a gun. Still, enough people asked, or the right person asked and it was made. Hopefully enough of us interested in such a model made it worth Henry's while. As a company, they seem to be doing it right so far.
0 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member

Stump
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by Stump » Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:48 pm

I was looking online at online sellers for a long ranger express, it was $1249 the other day and the same site had it listed for $1399 today. $150 increase in a few days and this was not gun broker but a normal online seller.
0 x

RanchRoper
Forum Ambassador
Canada

Post by RanchRoper » Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:10 pm

Agree Al, not my bag.
0 x
1860 Colt SA Richards Conversion Revolver .45C
1860 Henry .45C
1885 High Wall .45C
1820-1840 Frontier Percussion .50