Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Imarku Cleaver Knife

Any and all knives or other edged things. Special preference for BUCK knives
JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Re: Imarku Cleaver Knife

Post by JEBar » Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:08 pm

looking forward to hearing your use impressions ..... we use our cleaver knife on both meat and veggies .... there are YouTube videos showing several tricks using it .... I have no doubt there are better ones out there bur for the money, they are hard to beat
0 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:47 pm

Ernie wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:38 pm
JEBar wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:53 pm
I don't know of any other food prep blades that I have any interest in purchasing at this time .... that said, I learned long ago that its usually best to never say never .... in my search I relied heavily on user ratings and purchase prices .... for these three imarku knives the combination of their price and rating shown below looked good to me

prices and ratings from Amazon

8" Chef's knife --- $28.93 --- 4.7 out of 5 stars based on 669 global ratings

7" Cleaver Knife --- $45.99 --- 4.7 out of 5 stars based on 2,468 global ratings

6" Chef's knife --- $26.99 --- 4.7 out of 5 stars based on 669 global ratings

over time they will be heavily used and their edge retention and durability will be determined .... all I can say at this point is so far, so good
On your recommendation I ordered the 7" cleaver knife and the 8" chef's knife ( now $39.99 ) from Amazon. They each came with a coupon totaling $36 off so I paid a total of $50.98 plus tax for both.
Thanks
Ditto on the request for a review.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

Ernie
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Ernie » Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:43 pm

Used my 8" chef's knife for the first time Monday to carve a turkey. Like the balance and grip a lot and it sliced the bird with ease. Have not yet tried the cleaver.
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:49 pm

Ernie wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:43 pm
Like the balance and grip a lot and it sliced the bird with ease.
great to hear and comes as no surprise .... now that I have a 6 & 8" chef's knife I don't use the cleaver knife any where near as much .... they work well together
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:07 pm

well, I doubt that is will come as a surprise that I've added another specialty blade to our food prep collection .... its a Japanese TUO Nakiri Vegetable Cleaver Kitchen Knife -- > https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07KQ ... UTF8&psc=1 .... our Imarku 6 & 8" chefs knives along with our Imarku Clever Knife area all capable of processing vegetables but their root function is process meats .... TUO Nakiri Vegetable Cleaver Kitchen Knife can most certainly process meats but it is designed for processing vegetables and fruits .... its flat blade and lighter weight really makes chopping cabbage and lettuce a breeze .... while doing the same for slicing tomatoes, cucumbers and such .... it my understanding that with the straight blade edge there is no need for a rocking motion to maximize the blades efficiency .... saying once again, a knife blade doesn't know what is cutting and most all types can cut most any food .... using a blade designed for a specific purpose is seldom mandatory but doing so can make the task at hand easier and often quicker .... the Imarku knives have proven themselves, I have ever reason to believe the TUO Nakiri will do the same
0 x

SAGA22
Wrangler
United States of America

Post by SAGA22 » Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:04 pm

I have a large selection on the TUO Black Hawk S series of knives and then I bought a " TUO Santoku Ring H Knife, 5.5” Japanese High Carbon Damascus Stainless Steel Blade", and what a knife. The best I have ever had. 67 layer of Damascus steel. The sharpest knife I have ever had, 62+ Rockwell. and only $29.95. I have bought five since mine as gifts for friends. A very handy size to use if my wife puts it down, which is seldom when we are cooking.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07F8NFP63/?c ... dp_it&th=1

Doc
0 x

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:49 pm

Speaking Damascus, I bought Carol two sizes of " Shun " Japanese Damascus chef knives and she loves them.
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:32 pm

I've been using our 40 or so year old Uncle Henry Fillet Knife; as well as, our 6 and 8" Imarku Chef's knives for over 3 months (much closer 4) .... they all were used every day but all have been used often in cutting meats and a range of veggies .... while all were still plenty sharp to serve well food prep, I decided to spend some time touching up their blades .... they are all made out of tough, stainless steel .... they now all exceed shaving sharpness .... the only negative is, the way the perform, unless some unexpected need for some specialty blade, it is highly my days of purchasing new food prep knives is over
0 x

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:41 pm

JEBar wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:32 pm
I've been using our 40 or so year old Uncle Henry Fillet Knife; as well as, our 6 and 8" Imarku Chef's knives for over 3 months (much closer 4) .... they all were used every day but all have been used often in cutting meats and a range of veggies .... while all were still plenty sharp to serve well food prep, I decided to spend some time touching up their blades .... they are all made out of tough, stainless steel .... they now all exceed shaving sharpness .... the only negative is, the way the perform, unless some unexpected need for some specialty blade, it is highly my days of purchasing new food prep knives is over
It's great having a set of good sharp knives. Well worth the effort to keep them that way!
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Tue Nov 22, 2022 11:33 am

1 year + update :

I couldn't be happier with the total performance of the imarku knives covered in this thread .... I don't find I use the cleaver anywhere near as much as I do the 6 & 8" knives .... I use the 6" the most but both the 6 & 8 have been heavily used ..... they continue to hold their edges well and resharpening them has proven to be pretty easy .... actually resharpening hasn't been necessary, simply touching up their edges has been all they have needed .... we've been so pleased with they that we are giving a imarku 7 Inch Ultra Sharp​ Kitchen Knife ===> https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0865 ... OKKF&psc=1 to each of our sons for Christmas
0 x