Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Imarku Cleaver Knife

Any and all knives or other edged things. Special preference for BUCK knives
JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Re: Imarku Cleaver Knife

Post by JEBar » Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:07 pm

just checked the edge on our Imarku Cleaver-Knife and it was still very sharp ..... pulled its edge five times through the "Fine" side of the Imarku sharpener .... it passed through smoothly ..... checked the edge and my subjective impression is, the edge did seem to be a bit sharper .... saying right up front that it may well not have been because my impression could easily have been influenced by the hope that it would .... I do know this, the edge sure wasn't any duller .... too early to tell how the sharpener will perform when the edge has gotten pretty dull
0 x

MuddyWaters62
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by MuddyWaters62 » Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:47 am

Jim, I would recommend not letting the edge get dulled. After a couple of uses, touch up on the Fine side of sharpener. Just saying.

Muddy Waters 67
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:53 am

I couldn't agree more .... over time I've found that to be wise with most blades .... the "fine" honing side of the sharpener appears to be very fine indeed .... my hope is to keep the blade's edge in a condition that it never needs to be run through the "Coarse" side
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sun May 30, 2021 4:12 pm

I've found our 7" Imarku Cleaver Knife to be an excellent tool .... so much so that I ordered 2 of their Professional Chef's Knifes, a 6-Inch and 8" .... they have a good balance and feel good in my hand .... the grip of the Cleaver is very different than that of their Chef's Knives .... the best description I can think of is the Chef's Knives is they have an old school feel .... out of their boxes, the Chef's Knives don't seem to be as sharp as the Cleaver but that is a subjective impression .... I plan to use them this even for slicing onions, peppers and other things .... looking forward to working with them

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B085Y ... UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B085W ... UTF8&psc=1
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sun May 30, 2021 6:45 pm

UPDATE :

OK .... I was way off about the out of the box sharpness of these new Chef's knives .... they are scary sharp, every bit as sharp as the cleaver .... sliced through an onion and bell pepper without resistance .... their cutting edges aren't straight .... rather slightly curved and that really helps with chopping .... color me impressed ... 8-)
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:48 pm

imarku collection shown top to bottom :

8" Chef's knife

7" Cleaver Knife

6" Chef's knife

add in our

Uncle Henry Fillet Knife

Buck 110 Folding Hunter

and you have the knives I currently reserve for food preparation
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
0 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:11 pm

Thanks for the review.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:53 pm

I don't know of any other food prep blades that I have any interest in purchasing at this time .... that said, I learned long ago that its usually best to never say never .... in my search I relied heavily on user ratings and purchase prices .... for these three imarku knives the combination of their price and rating shown below looked good to me

prices and ratings from Amazon

8" Chef's knife --- $28.93 --- 4.7 out of 5 stars based on 669 global ratings

7" Cleaver Knife --- $45.99 --- 4.7 out of 5 stars based on 2,468 global ratings

6" Chef's knife --- $26.99 --- 4.7 out of 5 stars based on 669 global ratings

over time they will be heavily used and their edge retention and durability will be determined .... all I can say at this point is so far, so good
0 x

Rifletom
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by Rifletom » Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:01 pm

Those Buck folders, 110 and 112; I can't even imagine how many times at hunting camp, fishing camp or at home, I've used those. Now, I have some fine Japanese kitchen knives as well. They are works of art.
0 x

Ernie
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Ernie » Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:38 pm

JEBar wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:53 pm
I don't know of any other food prep blades that I have any interest in purchasing at this time .... that said, I learned long ago that its usually best to never say never .... in my search I relied heavily on user ratings and purchase prices .... for these three imarku knives the combination of their price and rating shown below looked good to me

prices and ratings from Amazon

8" Chef's knife --- $28.93 --- 4.7 out of 5 stars based on 669 global ratings

7" Cleaver Knife --- $45.99 --- 4.7 out of 5 stars based on 2,468 global ratings

6" Chef's knife --- $26.99 --- 4.7 out of 5 stars based on 669 global ratings

over time they will be heavily used and their edge retention and durability will be determined .... all I can say at this point is so far, so good
On your recommendation I ordered the 7" cleaver knife and the 8" chef's knife ( now $39.99 ) from Amazon. They each came with a coupon totaling $36 off so I paid a total of $50.98 plus tax for both.
Thanks
0 x