Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Latest Stimulus Checks

Sit back and talk with friends. Same rules as before. Rule #1-Relax with friends on the front or back porch.
Rule #2-No Politics, religion or anything above a G level.
cooperhawk
Drover
United States of America

Re: Latest Stimulus Checks

Post by cooperhawk » Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:26 pm

dave77 wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:22 pm
I remember a Science Fiction novel (I believe it was one by Heinlein) about an alternate universe. If you were sentenced to the death penalty the judge would say "Take this guy out back and shoot him"
Ever read the Ghulag Archipelago? That was the old Soviet Union only there was no judge, just party members
who judged you and if found guilty of something, (or just didn't like you for some reason), they shot you behind
the school house where they held court. :shock:
0 x
Retired FAA Air Traffic Control Supervisor
VFW (Life Member), VVA (Life Member)
Legion (Life Member), NRA (Life Member)
U S Army Aviation 64-67, Vietnam MACV 65-66

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:26 pm

My taxes for 2020 are complete and I pick the paperwork up later today. I received only a small fraction of the first stimulus because it was based on 2019 and not 2018 because I had just filed.

Long story short I kept my actual 2020 income below the threshold to get them all. So send me all the free money. Well actually I still owe but it’s not much because of all the tax credits.

I hate thinking about adult stuff like this. All I want to do is plink.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

dave77
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by dave77 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:47 pm

CT_Shooter wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:16 pm
cooperhawk wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:51 am
I got dental implants as well. How are yours working out?
In Dec 2018 I had to remove 22 year old implants that were failing. The Oral Surgeon filled the holes with bone grafting material, which needed several months to bond. During that time, I was basically on a liquid diet. In August 2019 I had six new titanium implants and a temporary fixed upper denture installed. For several months afterwards, I was limited to eating soft foods while the implants healed. I finally had the permanent fixed denture installed in Feb. 2019. It's made of Zerconia and should last for the rest of my life.

So far, so good. It looks and feels like natural teeth and I had no trouble adjusting to it. The best part is I can finally eat normally. The whole process was expensive, but I'm glad I spent the money.

How about you?
I have one implant, had a couple of crowns but there wasn't enough tooth left to fit another one. The Dentist put in the post and a temporary cover and then waited several months before installing the permanent tooth.

Always wondered about the clear choice's ad that imply you come in and leave the same day with your new teeth. Their website says you leave with temporaries for 6 months but that you will able to eat fairly normally. :?

Expensive but I have at least 12 crowns with a few that have been replaced over the years so including the 1 implant I probably have close to $20,000 invested in my teeth, insurance did pay ½.
0 x

dave77
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by dave77 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:57 pm

cooperhawk wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:26 pm
dave77 wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:22 pm
I remember a Science Fiction novel (I believe it was one by Heinlein) about an alternate universe. If you were sentenced to the death penalty the judge would say "Take this guy out back and shoot him"
Ever read the Ghulag Archipelago? That was the old Soviet Union only there was no judge, just party members
who judged you and if found guilty of something, (or just didn't like you for some reason), they shot you behind
the school house where they held court. :shock:
I read One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich by Solzhenitsyn which although fiction was a pretty accurate description of life in one of the prison camps.

They say Stalin may have killed 20 million of his own people.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_kill ... st_regimes
1 x

cooperhawk
Drover
United States of America

Post by cooperhawk » Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:40 pm

dave77 wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:47 pm
I have one implant, had a couple of crowns but there wasn't enough tooth left to fit another one. The Dentist put in the post and a temporary cover and then waited several months before installing the permanent tooth.

Always wondered about the clear choice's ad that imply you come in and leave the same day with your new teeth. Their website says you leave with temporaries for 6 months but that you will able to eat fairly normally. :?

Expensive but I have at least 12 crowns with a few that have been replaced over the years so including the 1 implant I probably have close to $20,000 invested in my teeth, insurance did pay ½.
I'd had caps bridges and crowns. The only thing that held was the one gold crown. My teeth were soft as I grew up without the benefit of Fluoride.
Over my life time had consistently brushed my teeth and practiced good dental hygiene.

I woke up with the teeth in my mouth just like Clear Choice says, but I wasn't using Clear Choice. My surgeon said leave them in 24/7 as long as you can. I went two weeks and then it got too sore as my jaws were realigning. He said I made it longer than 95% of his patients.
0 x
Retired FAA Air Traffic Control Supervisor
VFW (Life Member), VVA (Life Member)
Legion (Life Member), NRA (Life Member)
U S Army Aviation 64-67, Vietnam MACV 65-66

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:06 pm

CT_Shooter wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:21 pm
dave77 wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:10 pm

... that article makes for a good argument to bring back the death penalty. I don't understand how anyone can do something like that.
Capital punishment is a legal penalty in Indiana.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capital_p ... in_Indiana
They say that super prison in Colorado where our most infamous criminals are, is a fate WORSE than death!
Sorry...can't remember the name of the prison.
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

Grunt67
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Grunt67 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:12 pm

Florence, Co. Not where you want to be. The Unabomber is there.
World Trade bomber, 911 terrorist , and others. You get the idea.
0 x
I rarely ever buy a rifle, but when I do, it's a Henry.

"Every day above ground, is a good day" ( Al Capone )

dave77
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by dave77 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:23 pm

I can see where 24/7 solitary for life could be worse than a death penalty.
0 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:45 pm

You guys must be talking about the ADX prison at Florence
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

dave77
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by dave77 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:34 am

My stimulus check was deposited to my account last night sometime after midnight.
1 x