Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Hickok45 got his big mits on one!

A place to discuss Henry's entry into revolvers
fortyshooter
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Hickok45 got his big mits on one!

Post by fortyshooter » Sun Oct 08, 2023 9:24 am

Watching his Sunday show this morning and he was talking and shooting the Henry BH revolver and will have a review of it popping up at a later time.
He said it is well built and shoots well and a nice revolver when you get past it's looks. Watch here https://youtu.be/66i1KQ7pvRc?si=oE_R7I4tjyBM2OmP
Like I said before Henry should have started on the right foot with a nice SA revolver that would support the lever rifles they are famous for!
5 x

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Re: Hickok45 got his big mits on one!

Post by North Country Gal » Sun Oct 08, 2023 2:17 pm

I guess we'll never know why Henry went with a DA revolver or even that style of DA revolver instead of a single action. Could have been a marketing decision or a production cost one. Regardless, I think it's pretty cool for them to bring out any kind of revolver in this day and age of the autoloader.

Does anyone know if Henry is actually making this revolver in house or are they just contracting it out? Are they having the parts made out of house and then just doing the assembly? Just curious is all. Not criticizing.
2 x

Travlin
Cowboy

Re: Hickok45 got his big mits on one!

Post by Travlin » Mon Oct 09, 2023 12:32 am

HRA most likely went with a double action revolver because it would have more market appeal than a load and eject one round at a time revolver that if it didn't have a transfer bar is really a five shooter. I have two single actions both .45 caliber, a Colt and a Ruger but if I was in a tight spot with only a wheel gun, I want one of my double actions.
0 x