A place to discuss Henry's entry into revolvers
Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Re: Revolvers from Henry!?

Post by Mags » Mon Apr 17, 2023 1:50 pm

SWFan27 wrote:
Mon Apr 17, 2023 1:50 am
I WAAAAAAAAAAAAANT!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want the Gun Fighter grip revolver so bad I am close to drooling. But I live in California......Does anyone know when and if it will be added to the BS approved firearms roster and legal for purchase in California? The owner of my favorite local gun shop said that since it is double/single action, it could take many years. It is just a freaking revolver and not a machine gun. I find it hard to believe that it will potentially take that long. As far as I know, companies like Smith & Wesson get their new stuff approved and for sale in California pretty soon after they are released. Henry is certainly not a small potato company, and if anything, they are on verge of getting MUCH BIGGER. Will Henry be able to do anything to speed things up to sell their latest offering to California buyers?
That would be a good question to ask Henry. https://www.henryusa.com/contact-henry-repeating/
1 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

SWFan27
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by SWFan27 » Mon Apr 17, 2023 5:02 pm

Mags wrote:
Mon Apr 17, 2023 1:50 pm
SWFan27 wrote:
I WAAAAAAAAAAAAANT!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want the Gun Fighter grip revolver so bad I am close to drooling. But I live in California......Does anyone know when and if it will be added to the BS approved firearms roster and legal for purchase in California? The owner of my favorite local gun shop said that since it is double/single action, it could take many years. It is just a freaking revolver and not a machine gun. I find it hard to believe that it will potentially take that long. As far as I know, companies like Smith & Wesson get their new stuff approved and for sale in California pretty soon after they are released. Henry is certainly not a small potato company, and if anything, they are on verge of getting MUCH BIGGER. Will Henry be able to do anything to speed things up to sell their latest offering to California buyers?
That would be a good question to ask Henry. https://www.henryusa.com/contact-henry-repeating/
Thanks and I emailed them last night. This was their response.

Thank you for owning a Henry. Unfortunately, we cannot speak to the legality of what can and cannot be transferred into your state. We recommend checking with your local dealer or ATF and they will be able to answer that question for you. Have a great day.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you today.

Sincerely,
Tracey Ferry
Custom Service Representative
0 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Mon Apr 17, 2023 5:18 pm

SWFan27 wrote:
Mon Apr 17, 2023 5:02 pm
Mags wrote:
SWFan27 wrote:

Thank you for owning a Henry. Unfortunately, we cannot speak to the legality of what can and cannot be transferred into your state. We recommend checking with your local dealer or ATF and they will be able to answer that question for you. Have a great day.

Sincerely,
Tracey Ferry
I don't think she understood the question. It would be on Henry to apply and submit revolver samples for testing.
1 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

fortyshooter
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by fortyshooter » Mon Apr 17, 2023 5:19 pm

If you can.....head East my son!
2 x

ol'pole
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by ol'pole » Mon Apr 17, 2023 5:31 pm

for that much money I'd buy one that didn't look like a saturday night special
3 x
I love my country but I fear my government

SWFan27
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by SWFan27 » Tue Apr 18, 2023 12:54 am

Mags wrote:
Mon Apr 17, 2023 5:18 pm
SWFan27 wrote:
Mon Apr 17, 2023 5:02 pm
Mags wrote:

Sincerely,
Tracey Ferry
I don't think she understood the question. It would be on Henry to apply and submit revolver samples for testing.
I am sure Henry will be working on getting their new revolvers approved for sell in California as quickly as possible. Big state with a lot of customers. I spoke with another gun shop today and they said by the time the new Henry passes all required California testing and gets added to the approved roster, it will probably be closer to the end of the year. I already know what I want for Christmas. :D And I know that taste is purely subjective, but I love the looks of the new Gun Fighter grip revolver. It has that really old school law enforcement revolver vibe to me with some added cowboy mixed in as well. I already have some 357 Mag revolvers and do not need another. But I do WANT this new Henry and it will be the next firearm I purchase. Take my money already!
1 x

GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by GFK » Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:12 am

SWFan27, I understand about not being in the market for another .357 revolver. I was in a similar situation. Then, I handle a Colt King Cobra Carry. The trigger was smooth. Next thing that I knew, I was back in the market for another .357 revolver :) . Funny how those type of things work.
4 x
Actions speak louder than words (Matthew 7:16-20).

SWFan27
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by SWFan27 » Tue Apr 18, 2023 11:28 am

GFK wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:12 am
SWFan27, I understand about not being in the market for another .357 revolver. I was in a similar situation. Then, I handle a Colt King Cobra Carry. The trigger was smooth. Next thing that I knew, I was back in the market for another .357 revolver :) . Funny how those type of things work.
I agree. I know I have a problem. :D
1 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Tue Apr 18, 2023 11:55 am

SWFan27 wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2023 12:54 am
... but I love the looks of the new Gun Fighter grip revolver. It has that really old school law enforcement revolver vibe to me with some added cowboy mixed in as well...
It's that "old school law enforcement" look that I dislike.
1 x

GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by GFK » Tue Apr 18, 2023 1:10 pm

SWFan27 wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2023 11:28 am
GFK wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:12 am
I agree. I know I have a problem. :D
Maybe, there should be a Firearm Addiction Anonymous Club? My wife tells my that I have an issue. But, I don't see it. If there is a firearm that I like and I have the money, I typically buy it. So, I don't know what the issue is?
3 x
Actions speak louder than words (Matthew 7:16-20).