A place to discuss Henry's entry into revolvers
Vaquero
Ranch Boss
United States of America

Re: Revolvers from Henry!?

Post by Vaquero » Fri Apr 14, 2023 12:11 pm

PBSnooker wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2023 10:37 am
Sir Henry,Anthony started Colt blackpower arms before he and his dad started Henry.
Yep...

As the CEO and Founder of Henry Repeating Arms, Anthony Imperato leads the company’s overall strategic vision with a proven track record backed by over 40 years of personal experience in the firearms industry. His introduction to the firearms industry started in 1978 when he began working in his family’s gun shop in downtown Manhattan. This face-to-face experience with customers in a retail setting would shape Imperato’s values for what Henry Repeating Arms would become.

Taking out a home equity loan in 1994, he launched the Colt Blackpowder Arms Company in Brooklyn, New York. In 1996 he founded Henry along with his father, Louis, and in March of 1997, the company shipped its first rifles. With Anthony at the helm, Henry Repeating Arms began to set itself apart with a leadership ethos of providing extraordinary customer service and manufacturing a high-quality American-made product. As other manufacturers moved their operations overseas, he doubled down on an obsessive focus on his company’s domestic production, authoring the company’s corporate motto “Made in America, or Not Made at All.”

RP
3 x
Monte Walsh "You have No idea how little I care". :lol:

Ain't No Apologies for My Temperament :shock:
Si vis pacem, para bellum
H001, H006, H012

RanchRoper
Forum Ambassador
Canada

Post by RanchRoper » Fri Apr 14, 2023 6:16 pm

Now they need to get serious and put an 8” barrel on those bad boys. :)
0 x
1860 Colt SA Richards Conversion Revolver .45C
1860 Henry .45C
1885 High Wall .45C
1820-1840 Frontier Percussion .50
1790-1820 Frontier Flintlock .50

Ohkínohkomit - Shoot skillfully

GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by GFK » Fri Apr 14, 2023 8:12 pm

It's a DA/SA, right? Seems like a win, win. A person can choose the mode he/she wants to shoot. As for style, Henry seems to be creating its own, trying not to look like the rest. At a glance, one may be able to tell that it is a Henry.

Being a lever action company, a revolver seems fitting. Most lever action owners probably like revolvers as well. Some probably like a traditional look. Others probably want a modern twist. Me, I like a modern twist. It is a reason why things evolve. Because, someone may come up with a better way of doing something. Black power may not be the best all around option. Likewise, I think that most of us like running water and an indoor toilet?

Plus, that caliber may be the sweet spot?
1 x
Actions speak louder than words (Matthew 7:16-20).

Travlin
Cowboy

Post by Travlin » Fri Apr 14, 2023 9:13 pm

I had one of the second generation Colts a 1851 Navy. With a .357 case full of fffg, a home cast round ball, and a smear of grease over the front of the chamber it was a very accurate revolver. At 25 yards I was told "to hold for the bottom of the paper" by the dealer that I bought it from. I was a lot younger then and was a good handgun shot. Many times I had other shooters come to me to see what I was shooting to get good groups.
1 x

5shot
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by 5shot » Fri Apr 14, 2023 11:15 pm

I've got some definite ideas of what a revolver should look like. Here's one example......
M27.jpg
M27.jpg (82.62 KiB) Viewed 505 times
3 x

Travlin
Cowboy

Post by Travlin » Fri Apr 14, 2023 11:40 pm

An eight and three eights Smith and Wesson. Looks like maybe a 27 or a 29 or even a K-38. I also like long barreled Smiths. I have an 8 3/8" 17-4 K-22.
1 x

Vaquero
Ranch Boss
United States of America

Post by Vaquero » Fri Apr 14, 2023 11:58 pm

Always wondered? Why 8 3/8", and not 8.5"?
In testing did the short guy actually win the accuracy test or what?
Balance? Idk... anybody? :roll: :lol:

RP
0 x
Monte Walsh "You have No idea how little I care". :lol:

Ain't No Apologies for My Temperament :shock:
Si vis pacem, para bellum
H001, H006, H012

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Sat Apr 15, 2023 12:10 am

Rough cut of the barrel stock at 8.5", after finishing it ends widdled down to 8 3/8"? IDK either.
1 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

Mike_S
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Mike_S » Sat Apr 15, 2023 10:33 am

I'm with 5shot!

M27-2
M27-2
M27-2 LEFT 640x311.jpg (124.02 KiB) Viewed 463 times
3 x
Semper Fidelis.
Mike
H012MX

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Sat Apr 15, 2023 11:51 am

GFK wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2023 8:12 pm
It's a DA/SA, right? Seems like a win, win. A person can choose the mode he/she wants to shoot. As for style, Henry seems to be creating its own, trying not to look like the rest. At a glance, one may be able to tell that it is a Henry.

Being a lever action company, a revolver seems fitting. Most lever action owners probably like revolvers as well. Some probably like a traditional look. Others probably want a modern twist. Me, I like a modern twist. It is a reason why things evolve. Because, someone may come up with a better way of doing something. Black power may not be the best all around option. Likewise, I think that most of us like running water and an indoor toilet?

Plus, that caliber may be the sweet spot?
No disrespect, here, GFK, but, no, it is not a win for single action fans. No double action revolver can be. The mode of shooting, either DA or SA, actually has very little to do with the difference between shooting a single action revolver and a double action revolver, especially given that most owners of DA revolvers these days shoot their DA revolvers mostly in SA mode, anyway.

To name just some of the differences, the difference between shooting an SA revolver and a DA revolver is in the handling, the balance, the grip position relative to the bore, the loading/unloading, the lock time and, of course, the looks. Yes, they are both revolvers, but the shooting experience between the two is quite different. To give just one example, no double action revolver ever made, even to this day, can match the balance, handling and the way the gun draws from the holster like the venerable 1873 Colt "Peacemaker", not to mention the sleek lines and looks.

As for things evolving, I agree. It's for each of us to decide just what level of evolution in gun technology and history we want to use in our shooting. If someone wants to match up a Glock with a Henry BB, that's their call. No argument from me. Each to their own, as always. As for me, I still own a couple of DA revolvers, but when it comes time to head to the range and shoot, I only grab single action revolvers, now. My days of shooting are winding down and I want to use them shooting my SA revolvers.

Picked up this beauty, yesterday, and yeah, old granny me will be shooting it. It's a mint 1982 vintage Ruger Super Blackhawk 44 mag. Oh, I've owned and shot most of the popular 44 mag double action revolvers in my time, but there's nothing quite like shooting one of these nasty old Super 44 mag single actions. :) Shot my first deer with one of these, back in the 70s.

6 x