Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Bought my first Henry

james pendry
Tenderfoot

Bought my first Henry

Post by james pendry » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:28 pm

I 'm new here, (first post). Yesterday, at the urging of a friend who owns a Henry 44mag, I purchased an H001TM. Its on the way as I had to order it. I live out in the AZ desert and raise goats for milk so I need a rifle with some range. I went to a shop in Prescott that had one and well, the first time I put it to my shoulder I knew it was the rifle for me. The lever action was so smooth and the weight, that was the real deal clincher because in contrast to other .22 rifles I have had and hefted, the Henry Octagon really feels like its there.
I came back to the farm here and found this forum. I'm glad I did because I've already gleaned a lot of info. I look forward to being part of the Henry Rifle Forum. Thanks Dave for all your help getting registration sorted out!
8 x

Deadwood Dutch
Cowboy
United States of America

Re: Bought my first Henry

Post by Deadwood Dutch » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:34 pm

Congratulations, you're gonna love your rifle, I am sure. And welcome from Pennsylvania!
0 x
U.S. Navy ⚓️ 1965-1969 - NRA Member - Henry H004, Henry H001

james pendry
Tenderfoot

Post by james pendry » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:43 pm

Thanks very much Deadwood Dutch! I'm just researching cleaning kits online. Seems like Hoppe's looks good. I have to get everything for my new rifle because I haven't owned a firearm for many years.
0 x

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:12 pm

Congrats on your first Henry! :)
And Welcome from the Show-Me-State! Glad you found the Forums, and I know you'll enjoy your visits.

Oh yes, you mentioned Hoppe's cleaning supplies. I use them, and works well for me. Also sure there are other Henry Folk that have used it, too. Good start!

james pendry wrote:I 'm new here, (first post). Yesterday, at the urging of a friend who owns a Henry 44mag, I purchased an H001TM. Its on the way as I had to order it. I live out in the AZ desert and raise goats for milk so I need a rifle with some range. I went to a shop in Prescott that had one and well, the first time I put it to my shoulder I knew it was the rifle for me. The lever action was so smooth and the weight, that was the real deal clincher because in contrast to other .22 rifles I have had and hefted, the Henry Octagon really feels like its there.
I came back to the farm here and found this forum. I'm glad I did because I've already gleaned a lot of info. I look forward to being part of the Henry Rifle Forum. Thanks Dave for all your help getting registration sorted out!
0 x

~Пока~

RetiredSeabee
Administrator
United States of America

Post by RetiredSeabee » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:44 pm

Welcome aboard, congrats on the new .44 mag beauty.
Have you tried ot a .22 Henry? You just might find that you need one.
Sorry about the registration issue that was my error. Glad Dave got you registered.
0 x
Load on Sunday and Shoot all Week.......okay it's a Mare's Leg I will reload on Wednesday. ;)

ditto1958
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by ditto1958 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:49 pm

Welcome, and congrats. You will get lots and lots of enjoyment from your new Henry.
0 x

james pendry
Tenderfoot

Post by james pendry » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:06 pm

@PT7,
Lets see, "Show Me State", Thats Missouri isn't it? My great grand pap was from there and my mother too. Thanks for the welcome!

@RetiredSeabee,
I purchased a .22mag octagon barrel I think its in their "Frontier" series. Its my friend has the .44mag and its a beautiful firearm yup but its a little overpowered for my needs here on the farm.

@ditto1958,
Thanks!
1 x

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:46 pm

Yup, it's MO. Have you been here at all?
It's a GR8ST8 to live in....I retired here 4 years ago, and enjoy it a lot. :)

james pendry wrote:@PT7,
Lets see, "Show Me State", Thats Missouri isn't it? My great grand pap was from there and my mother too. Thanks for the welcome!
0 x

~Пока~

RanchRoper
Forum Ambassador
Canada

Post by RanchRoper » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:55 pm

Congratulations on your new Henry rifle! Welcome to the forum, and enjoy!!
0 x
1860 Colt SA Richards Conversion Revolver .45C
1860 Henry .45C
1885 High Wall .45C
1820-1840 Frontier Percussion .50
1790-1820 Frontier Flintlock .50

Ohkínohkomit - Shoot skillfully

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by daytime dave » Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:55 am

Welcome James. It sounds like you will be putting your Henry to work. You and RanchRoper will have working Henry's. Very neat.

I'm glad you were able to get on here. I'm sure you'll enjoy it. It's a great group.

I'm glad you are here.
0 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member