Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

CeraKote Frontier

leverjc
Cattle Driver
United States of America

CeraKote Frontier

Post by leverjc » Sun Nov 06, 2022 11:57 am

I finally started to disassemble and clean my Frontier. I do not know what I used on the inside this thing as I only have the normal gun cleaning stuff on it but about a year ago I pulled the action cover, the paint was melting on the action and the action cover. I believe CeraKoting the action, cover and barrel band is my best course of action.

Has anybody removed the barrel on a Henry 22 I am thinking that I would only have to drift the two pins holding the barrel to the action but it is new territory for me any help would be appreciated.
20221106_092948.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
0 x

Cofisher
Drover
United States of America

Re: CeraKote Frontier

Post by Cofisher » Sun Nov 06, 2022 3:51 pm

No experience with this. But, yeah, you need a good coating. Let us know.
1 x
Remember, it's not how many guns you have. It's how many bullets you have.

leverjc
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by leverjc » Sun Nov 06, 2022 6:43 pm

Did a lot of reading on the net and couldn't find anything specific about removing a Henry rimfire barrel so I went out and started taking a hard look at how the barrel was attached to the action. I wanted to see how hard it would be to remove the tapered pins that hold the barrel in. I gave one a light tap with a punch and it moved so i tapped it again then it fell out. The other came out just as easy so I put the action in my vise and started tapping the barrel with a large brass punch. After about 30 light taps the barrel came out of the receiver. Henry had put some type of anti sieze grease on it so it came out easy.

Everything in life should be that easy. Now I have to find someone to do the work for me. There are a couple of places in Kansas City that does Cerakoting so I will call them tomorrow
1 x

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Sun Nov 06, 2022 6:56 pm

I think Cerakoting is a great idea and your best option based on what I'm seeing in your pic. We are lucky to have a guy right here in town that does it. A friend of mine had it done on an old single action wheel gun and it turned out really well. Not sure what he paid, but, it was well worth it.
1 x
I'm your Huckleberry