Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

H001 plastic barrel band replacement

bullseye
Tenderfoot
United States of America

H001 plastic barrel band replacement

Post by bullseye » Sat Apr 02, 2022 9:19 am

I recently acquired an older H001 with the cheesy plastic barrel band/front sight assembly. I contacted Henry about a steel replacement, which promptly arrived in my mailbox for free, however, it was just the front sight without the barrel band to hold the magazine tube in place. From the pictures I've viewed, it appears that the newer version H001 has the magazine tube holder dovetailed or soldered to the barrel...Is a replacement unit available available from Henry or perhaps another vendor?
0 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Re: H001 plastic barrel band replacement

Post by Sir Henry » Sat Apr 02, 2022 6:30 pm

It sounds like they sent you the sight for the hex barrel. Is your Classic made in Brooklyn? If it is you might want to keep it stock. For us collectors of the early Henrys it will be worth more with the cheesy plastic.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

bullseye
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by bullseye » Sun Apr 03, 2022 1:17 pm

It's marked Bayonne, NJ & is stocked in some extremely nice Walnut...The original owner bought it new around 2010. The sight Henry sent is radiused for a round barrel but has no provision to hold a magazine tube in place. I'm a shooter & not a collector so I'm wanting to do a Skinner sight set up front & rear on this little rifle since my Henry Frontier model is scoped.
0 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Sun Apr 03, 2022 2:57 pm

bullseye wrote:
Sun Apr 03, 2022 1:17 pm
It's marked Bayonne, NJ & is stocked in some extremely nice Walnut...The original owner bought it new around 2010. The sight Henry sent is radiused for a round barrel but has no provision to hold a magazine tube in place. I'm a shooter & not a collector so I'm wanting to do a Skinner sight set up front & rear on this little rifle since my Henry Frontier model is scoped.
I didn’t think they were still plastic that late. Learn something new every day.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

bullseye
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by bullseye » Sat Apr 09, 2022 6:23 pm

Thanks to a generous forum member, I have what I need on the way!
0 x