Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Update on new sights for H001

deano5150
Cowhand
United States of America

Update on new sights for H001

Post by deano5150 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:58 am

So after sighting in my new sights on the H001 I've discovered I need a taller front sight. With the rear sight bottomed out I'm dead on
at 10 yards. For every five yards after that my groups seem to go up about a half inch. I've ordered a taller sight. Hope it fits the barrel
and solves the problem.

Not sure why some of the pictures turned sideways. Can't figure out how to fix it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1 x

Bake
Cowhand
United States of America

Re: Update on new sights for H001

Post by Bake » Fri Oct 29, 2021 2:38 pm

I, being an "Old School" shooter, not a hunter. I like our targets. Why did your stop at 25 yds? I would have kept moving back in till I saw the max elevation range, and then the far "Zero" range, and the acceptable drop range. Then I would call it the MPBR [max point-blank range ]. . .

Depending on your target's boiler room, you can adjust your "Zero" to match your MPBR. . .
0 x

deano5150
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by deano5150 » Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:03 pm

Bake wrote:
Fri Oct 29, 2021 2:38 pm
I, being an "Old School" shooter, not a hunter. I like our targets. Why did your stop at 25 yds? I would have kept moving back in till I saw the max elevation range, and then the far "Zero" range, and the acceptable drop range. Then I would call it the MPBR [max point-blank range ]. . .

Depending on your target's boiler room, you can adjust your "Zero" to match your MPBR. . .
I stopped at 25 yards because my target stand was too low to see in the weeds past my mowed shooting area. This gun is
mainly a plinker for me but I may at some point go squirrel hunting with it. I figure 30 yards is probably as far as I'll shoot
it with the irons. My eyesight isn't what it used to be. Having said all that, I figured the point of impact would continue to
move up the farther I went. Is that not the case? I'm no expert at sighting in a rifle. Thanks.
0 x

Bake
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Bake » Fri Oct 29, 2021 4:26 pm

The bullet will continue to rise in till gravity starts to pull the bullet back down. The bullet will pass thur the line of sight twice, the first time on the rise [might be called the near zero], and the second time on the drop [might be called the far zero, or just the "Zero"]. . .
0 x

Tomp
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by Tomp » Mon May 09, 2022 11:33 am

greetings,
did you ever fix the problem?
I just bought an H001, put HiViz sights on it and have the same problem.
I had the problem with the factory sights as well; the rear sight was bottomed out and it was still shooting high at 15 yds.
Tom
0 x

jstanfield103
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by jstanfield103 » Tue May 10, 2022 4:30 pm

To me 15 yards is really close for a rifle. At that distance you will definitely need a taller front sight.
0 x
Aim Small, Miss Small