Front sight is too tall

deano5150
Cowhand
United States of America

Re: Front sight is too tall

Post by deano5150 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:18 pm

Brando73 wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:21 pm
I appreciate the feedback. I've never had this issue before but this gun has a wooden riser cheekrest that adds to the delima. It's made for a scope but I like the ability to use both sights if I can. Hope I can find a fix with marblesguns. I sent them an email.
Thanks for the input. I do appreciate the help
Maybe you can order a stock from Henry without the cheek rest?
0 x

Bake
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Bake » Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:57 pm

deano5150 wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:18 pm
Brando73 wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:21 pm
I appreciate the feedback. I've never had this issue before but this gun has a wooden riser cheekrest that adds to the delima. It's made for a scope but I like the ability to use both sights if I can. Hope I can find a fix with marblesguns. I sent them an email.
Thanks for the input. I do appreciate the help
Maybe you can order a stock from Henry without the cheek rest?
I have never been able to use the iron sights, and a scope on the same rifle at the same time . . .
0 x

Brando73
Wrangler
United States of America

Post by Brando73 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:40 pm

The leupold scope rings allow you to have a full sight picture beneath the scope. Had to go with the taller rings because I have 50mm bell.
I'll pull it out tomorrow and take a picture of it
0 x

Brando73
Wrangler
United States of America

Post by Brando73 » Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:13 am

Henry, the greatest CS in the world. Fixed my problem. I plan on going ahead and ending my collection with a full set of henry rifles. I have many and still waiting on the long ranger as well as finding a pump action 22 lr. I've been close but just missed out.
Once I get these two, I'll figure out what I need but it's only a few as I have several already. I will be thining out the other AK's/AR and a couple more to make room as well as fund the final project. I'l keep the best of the best in long range Ruger precision as well as CZ's shadow 2 and P07, then a few other hand guns. Really wanting that long ranger to come in now that's it's been a few months and my medical conditon may not allow me to enjoy a long time with them. This is the same as with the pump 22lr., and hmr .17 varmint. I shoot the 30-30 and others, but even with reloading, you got to keep in mind that cat Biden and what he might do. Oklahoma is a solid 2A state but he could tax out the primers, powder ect, so I trying to just have and shoot rimfire and 223. Outstanding fun. Outsanding Henry fun.
The great sights I put on the .17 varmint allowed for full cow-witness but the beautiful walnut, builit in cheek riser, was too tall. Went with the conventional one that Henry helped me with and it's perfect. I think I have a pic posted on another threadhere
0 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:53 am

Brando73 wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:13 am
Henry, the greatest CS in the world. Fixed my problem. I plan on going ahead and ending my collection with a full set of henry rifles.
no surprise and great to hear .... be sure to continue to update our How Many? thread (http://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2019) as you expand your Henry collection
0 x