Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Problem with new rifle

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Re: Problem with new rifle

Post by BigAl52 » Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:19 pm

I wonder when a rifle goes out with something like that done and it goes back if there is any ears that get bent over it. That was just pure poor workmanship and neglect
1 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

leverjc
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by leverjc » Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:41 pm

Glad to hear they fixed it . Looking forward to a range report.
2 x

Ernie
Drover
United States of America

Post by Ernie » Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:11 pm

Put my Skinner Express sight on the rifle and went out to the range. Started to rain as soon as I set up my target so I did not stay long. Shoots about 8 inches high at 50 yards so I have to figure out how much taller a front sight I need. Also ordered a smaller aperture for the Skinner. But shoots and cycles well. I like the carbine and the caliber. I will figure this out.
0 x

ol'pole
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by ol'pole » Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:55 am

Check out www.marblearms.com👍, they have a nice chart at the bottom of the sights pages that will give you a quick reference to figure the height of a new sight, (Henry sights look like a copy of Marbles sights). By the chart it looks like you will need to add about .050"+ to your front sight.
Have fun :)
1 x
I love my country but I fear my government

Ernie
Drover
United States of America

Post by Ernie » Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:16 pm

ol'pole wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:55 am
Check out www.marblearms.com👍, they have a nice chart at the bottom of the sights pages that will give you a quick reference to figure the height of a new sight, (Henry sights look like a copy of Marbles sights). By the chart it looks like you will need to add about .050"+ to your front sight.
Have fun :)
Thank you. That was about what I was thinking after finding the formula on the Skinner site but it is always good to have someone else back up my guesstimate. I put the Henry sight back on to go shoot today and discovered the sliding adjustable piece was missing. I asked for another and I am sure I can get one from Henry. I am also checking for a front blade sight to use with the Skinner. I appreciate your input.
Ernie
0 x