Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Frontier Model Threaded Barrel 24″

gecsr1
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Re: Frontier Model Threaded Barrel 24″

Post by gecsr1 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:38 pm

Got it Damn it's really nice.... fit/finish,smooth action...mounted the scope well fit was perfect the barrel of the scope just touches the factory sight.
... dialed it in so its ready to test....
0 x

gecsr1
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by gecsr1 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:40 am

Here's a Pic of my Frontier Model Threaded Barrel 24″ with the scope mounted , the scope is close but does not touch anywhere..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
0 x

gecsr1
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by gecsr1 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:24 am

leverjc wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:59 pm
I don't have the Frontier with the threaded barrel but after one trip back to Henry to get its "muzzle adjusted" my 24" Frontier shoots very well. I did add some nylon spacers to the hammer spring to give it a stronger strike and faster lock time. The spacers may are not made a difference with reliability but the lock time is noticeably faster. I think it makes a difference with offhand shooting.
Not sure I understand what do you mean " getting muzzle adjusted " what do they do ?

Thanks in advance..
0 x

leverjc
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by leverjc » Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:43 pm

gecsr1, I am not sure what a muzzle adjustment means either the quote is from Henry when they sent it back to me because I couldn't get it to shoot accurately. The last quarter to half inch of the barrel had deep circler marks and the rifling didn't look as deep in that last part of the bore. When I received it back it didn't look much different from when I sent it to Henry but the crown looked better. I put a scope on it and it shot decent groups. I fire lapped the barrel and the accuracy greatly improved. I am as clueless as you as to what the actually did.
1 x

gecsr1
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by gecsr1 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:17 pm

Okay Thanks..... Glad its shooting better... That's a Good Thing....
1 x

gecsr1
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by gecsr1 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:00 pm

Dialing in my scope.... Installed the scope that is pictured in this thread , my target is 33 yards from where I shoot, got the red dot for the barrel adjusted the scope to the bulls eye on a target with the rifle on a steady rest .. took three shots ...well they never hit the target ..what the fu....
any re did everything readjust the scope .. so after 16 shots two at a time go check then adjust the last four were in the bulls eye...
not sure why it took so many shots ....maybe the longer barrel ( held the rifle with the front stock on the porch rail...rifle to my shoulder .
so my thinking was any little movement while squeezing the trigger will change the projectile position big time..)
Well its done a shoots just fine ...its rather quite as well....

I am always open to learning new tricks....
0 x