Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Who Shoots Red Dots on Their Rimfire Lever Guns

tonymc
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Re: Who Shoots Red Dots on Their Rimfire Lever Guns

Post by tonymc » Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:02 am

I was having trouble with lining up the semi-buckhorn sights on my Evil Roy, and a scope seemed like a little much, so I chose a red dot. Found a DAISY at my local Farm and Home Supply store on sale for $10.00. Mounted it with no adapter needed. Shoots fine at 25 yds with groups about an inch. I'm happy.
1 x

deano5150
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by deano5150 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:15 pm

I put a Bushnell TRS25 on my daughter's 10/22 takedown and it works great! I'm thinking about putting one on my AR-15.
I considered putting one on my H001 Henry but I just can't do it. It looks too weird. :lol:
0 x

Hatchdog
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Hatchdog » Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:04 am

My only experience with a red dot on a long gun is a Vortex Sparc II mounted on an AR-15 in 9mm. My thought was this is a 50 yard gun at best so a red dot would be fine. I have to say I was disappointed with the accuracy of both the red dot and the carbine itself. Truly I probably expected too much from both and the accuracy at 50 yards was certainly minute of bad guy. So that being said, I much prefer a nice scope over a red dot on a rifle. Handguns, now that’s another story.

EDIT: I just remembered that I have an M4 carbine with a Burris AR332 red dot on it. I do better with this set up than I did with the 9mm due to the fact this red dot has 3x magnification in it which helps this old man’s eyes greatly. Of course 5.56 caliber helps with the accuracy too. :D
0 x

Cofisher
Drover
United States of America

Post by Cofisher » Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:20 pm

Al, that vortex is looking good. I am using a Sig Romeo on my 357 carbine. Both have 2 Moa dots, something I learned while listening to NCG. The Vortex seems more robust. And, uses the AAA battery. A plus. A little more money, and worth it.
1 x
Remember, it's not how many guns you have. It's how many bullets you have.

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:02 pm

Jim
I have one of the triple A battery ones in the box I would sell as Im not using it. However because of the height of the mount it only really works on an AR 15. It has some adjustment to it and might work on a stock with some drop to it.
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

Cofisher
Drover
United States of America

Post by Cofisher » Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:25 pm

Thanks Al. Thinking of a 223/22LR Combo. This sight might be the best all around.
0 x
Remember, it's not how many guns you have. It's how many bullets you have.