Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Issues with Henry Customer Service

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Re: Issues with Henry Customer Service

Post by BigAl52 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:09 pm

Im not sure but if it makes you feel any better I have had issues with Rugers customer service in the past. No one is perfect. I dont let one issue be the judge of how a company is. If they fix it in the end and stand behind it thats what counts to me.
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

Redthies
Cowboy
Canada

Post by Redthies » Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:30 am

ol'pole wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:00 pm
My experience with Henry cs and HWS was/is horrible !!

I wonder when Ruger will have the Marlin line making and shipping firearms?
As above, email Anthony directly and he will light a fire under some butts.

I contacted Henry about the .44 mag I recently bought, which was sold to me “as new”, but clearly wasn’t. The stock set was all beat up, and the receiver bottom had been cerakoted or similar. I was trying to figure out which stock set was the correct one to order, and while they were helpful, it was definitely not the same experience I’ve had with them in the past. I think everyone is getting tired of the challenges that have come along these past 18 months or so.

As far as Marlin/Ruger goes, I am also excited to see what comes out of this union. I’m a fan of Ruger, and every bolt gun I’ve ever owned has been a Ruger. I also hunt 90% of my med/big game days with a Marlin in hand. As much as I love Ruger, their customer service is not even remotely close on their best day to Henry on their worst day.
0 x
SGC .22 LR Stripped and oiled up
BBSC .357 w Skinner Express & Patridge
BBSC .44 Magnum with Skinners
Marlin 1895GS .45-70 w RPP Cloverleaf
Marlin 336BL .30-30 w Skinner LoPro 2 and Sig 2-7x
1912 Winchester 1894 .30 WCF

ol'pole
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by ol'pole » Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:36 pm

BigAl52 wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:09 pm
Im not sure but if it makes you feel any better I have had issues with Rugers customer service in the past. No one is perfect. I dont let one issue be the judge of how a company is. If they fix it in the end and stand behind it thats what counts to me.
When I sent my rifle the first time it would jam about once every 8-12 rounds fired, when it came back it was NON FUNCTIONAL !!! Great work by HWS personal.
My Rugers are built like tanks, my 40 year old Security 6 has 10,000 rounds thru it and is still in perfect condition very accurate. My SR40 & SR9c both have 0ver 4,000 rounds thru each with NO problems, wasn't able to run 300 rounds thru the henry before it started acting up.
If the only way I can get a complete and proper job done is to contact the owner that tells me a lot about the type of people he employs. The department managers should be on top of things and have procedures in place to ensure the job is done correctly. I know I did !!
0 x
I love my country but I fear my government

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:23 pm

I couldnt agree more with your statement. Im also well aware of Rugers and how they are built. I also agree with the department managers doing their job and for that matter the tech that worked on your gun should have done his job and fixed it right. Im not making excuses for Henry. Im merely saying that things in life arent perfect and maybe this time you got an employee that had an issue with doing his job correctly. Not every rifle or handgun goes out of any factory without issues. Im sure not every rifle or handgun that is returned for warranty is fixed right the first time. There is issues at times that are out of certain peoples control.
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

Travlin
Cowboy

Post by Travlin » Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:30 pm

This is beginning to read like a Remlin story.
0 x

Redthies
Cowboy
Canada

Post by Redthies » Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:13 am

Travlin wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:30 pm
Umm, no. Not even close. Nobody is 100% perfect 100% of the time.
1 x
SGC .22 LR Stripped and oiled up
BBSC .357 w Skinner Express & Patridge
BBSC .44 Magnum with Skinners
Marlin 1895GS .45-70 w RPP Cloverleaf
Marlin 336BL .30-30 w Skinner LoPro 2 and Sig 2-7x
1912 Winchester 1894 .30 WCF

GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by GFK » Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:01 am

Redthies wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:13 am
Travlin wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:30 pm
Umm, no. Not even close. Nobody is 100% perfect 100% of the time.
Well, just what I was thinking. Why does this do not apply to Remlins? That is the viewpoint that I try and hold as well. I may be better at it some days more than others. But, I do give it a try. Today, is a good day. I am even considering taking my Henry out this weekend for some bonding.

I can understand frustration when things do not go as desired. Especially when, good money has been placed on the table. Unfortunately, things seem to be turned upside down in our society. I have being seeing hiring signs that state a hiring bonus. In fact, Ruby Tuesday has one for $200. Yes, $200 is not much. But, this is Ruby Tuesday. My point, it seems to be hard finding people that are willing to work. But somehow, people are still eating and sleeping.

If you like the rifle, you may be better off attempting to find a local gunsmith? It is a shame. But, it is what it is.
1 x
Actions speak louder than words (Matthew 7:16-20).

Ernie
Drover
United States of America

Post by Ernie » Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:45 pm

Just received mailing list email from Anthony Imperato today apologizing for problems encountered and offering to personally assist in solving any sent to him.
Seems like a sincere offer.
1 x

Johwar
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by Johwar » Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:16 am

I have registered other firearms with each company for any future warranty work.
0 x

leverjc
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by leverjc » Thu Aug 05, 2021 1:43 pm

Ruger1300 wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:40 am
My replacement rifle arrived a week or so ago covered in a gritty white powder that cause me to break out in hives. I cleaned the rifle several times and noticed that when they swapped the rear sight they never put dummy screws in the holes and they were jammed with this powder. I understand that these are minor issues but after all the emails and the president of the company telling you to replace the rifle you think it would have arrived flawless. I may buy another Henry in the future but the mystique has worn off for me. Glad to hear you guys have had good experiences but mine has been a PITA.
I have had problems with Henry's customer service also. Henry has reacted very fast to my problems but their fixes have not always been good. The BBS I bought about 1.5 years ago is on its fourth barrel. This barrel is reasonable after I fire lapped it to knock down some of the chatter and polished the chamber so it would not scratch my brass. The only barrel I have had that looked decent with the bore scope was the one that cracked at the muzzle. The Frontier I sent in because the rifling at the last .5" of the bore was not finished and giving me accuracy problems. Henry sent it back very fast and with a statement that they had "adjusted the muzzle". Still do not know what that is but the rifle is very accurate now.

Hope they get your rifle back in time.
0 x