Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

My New Henry!

dad
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Re: My New Henry!

Post by dad » Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:08 pm

Nice looking rifle! I really enjoy mine and I have a sneaky suspicion you will enjoy yours also!
0 x

larry7293
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by larry7293 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:28 am

Congrats on your new Henry!!!
Seriously considering getting the h001trp. Same gun as you have only with a longer barrel.
Any reason why you picked the shorter barrel over the 20 inch barrel?
Curious to see if you have any problems with the skinner peep sight.
0 x

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:49 am

Welcome to the Forums from the Show-Me-State, Larry! Tell us about youself and any of your Henrys sometime in the "New Member Intro" forum.

I also have the Henry SGC, model H001TLP, with the 16-1/2" barrel. As I think back, the only reason I had for choosing the shorter barrel model was the 1/2 lb. less weight than the 20" barrel rifle. Not a huge weight difference, but just what I prefer. I've found that the H001TLP is also a very well-balanced rifle, and I'm quite satisfied with it. I've noticed both ace73 and Steve have said they are also pleased with their SGCs.

And I've had no problems with the Skinner peep sight; it works great for me. What are you anticipating as a problem with that sight, if any?
Anyway, your considering the H001TRP is a good choice, too. Of that I'm certain, simply because it is a Henry!! :D

Enjoy your visits on the Forum!

larry7293 wrote:Congrats on your new Henry!!!
Seriously considering getting the h001trp. Same gun as you have only with a longer barrel.
Any reason why you picked the shorter barrel over the 20 inch barrel?
Curious to see if you have any problems with the skinner peep sight.
0 x

~Пока~

larry7293
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by larry7293 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:27 am

I am glad you are not having any problems with the peep sight. I had read on several blog posts where people were having problems with the rifle shooting high and having to replace the front sight with a taller sight.
How do you like the large loop lever?
Undecided about which barrel length to get.

thanks
0 x

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:04 am

That does happen, according to Skinner web site, about 50% of the time. But it occurs when someone adds a receiver-mounted Skinner peep sight to a rifle. The SGC is already configured and aligned okay from its original production/collaboration between Henry and Skinner. So if you do get an SGC, you will not need to worry about changing the front sight at all.

The large loop lever is smooth and easy to operate. I've had both the standard and large loop, and although a little different handling, like them both.

larry7293 wrote:I am glad you are not having any problems with the peep sight. I had read on several blog posts where people were having problems with the rifle shooting high and having to replace the front sight with a taller sight.
How do you like the large loop lever?
Undecided about which barrel length to get.

thanks
0 x

~Пока~

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:22 am

The Small Game Carbine has the best balance of all the rimfire Henrys. You are going to love it.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

larry7293
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by larry7293 » Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:22 pm

Went to Cabela's today to look at the small game carbine and possibly buy, but after driving 40 miles to the store i was informed that they had none in stock and never did. I had called yesterday and they told me they had 3 in stock per their computer inventory. The guy behind the counter said they never did have any in stock . Very disappointed in Cabela's. Then went to local walmart about a mile away from home and they said they could order me one and would be less expensive than Cabela's and would be in the store in 3 business days. Go figure.
0 x

White Squirrel
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by White Squirrel » Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:16 pm

Patience is a virtue! :D

I can't decide sometimes if the people in these stores just can't understand how to read the inventory sheets or if they just don't care enough to pay attention. Probably both.

Bottom line is, it sounds like you will soon have a Henry SGC and that is the important part.

Looking forward to pictures and a range report.
0 x
Henry Frontier .22LR