Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

New Homesteader

Talk about the Henry center fire carbine here.
Shakey Jake
Drover
United States of America

Re: New Homesteader

Post by Shakey Jake » Thu Jul 20, 2023 12:09 pm

BigAl52 wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2023 9:22 am
I watched a review of this gun on Youtube recently. Its on the Honest Outlaw channel. He had the homesteader once and it failed to feed. Sent it back to Henry. So he did another review. His second review was better but still had issues. Glad you are having better luck with yours. A local shop has one with the glock mag well. But they want 900.00 for it.
Yeah, I was at my LGS the other day doing some window shopping. They had one selling for $841.99 and held 10 rounds. I have my Marlin Camp 9 so I don't have a yen to get one.
Jake
0 x

5shot
Cowhand
United States of America

Re: New Homesteader

Post by 5shot » Thu Jul 20, 2023 10:57 pm

BigAl52 wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2023 9:22 am
I watched a review of this gun on Youtube recently. Its on the Honest Outlaw channel. He had the homesteader once and it failed to feed. Sent it back to Henry. So he did another review. His second review was better but still had issues. Glad you are having better luck with yours. A local shop has one with the glock mag well. But they want 900.00 for it.
I saw that video but have had no cycling or feeding issues except for one very light handload (3 gr. of bullsnort) that just didn't have enough steam to function the action. I got this gun for $737 but that was with a coupon and accumulated store credits. The LGS had one on the rack yesterday for $749. The price gouging on Gun Broker appears to have run out of gas too.
0 x