Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

We Gotta Start Somewhere...

Members sometimes like to get together and meet one another in person. This forum topic is for those interested in getting together with other forum members. Remember! The internet is a large place. If you are not comfortable giving out details of your location or other information on the open internet, DON'T.
If you want to get together, use this to meet others who want to.
ESquared
Deputy Administrator
United States of America

We Gotta Start Somewhere...

Post by ESquared » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:58 pm

Cofisher, Markiver and I have recently raised our hands to Dave to offer to be "Coordinators" of some of these initial gatherings. We've done some brainstorming and understand completely the notion of privacy being important, so members should expect that almost all details of these gatherings will start on the Forum's PM system, and then likely move to private email exchanges.

That said, it's no secret that I live in the KC area and that Mark lives in NC, and that Cofisher is in the Nebraska/Colorado-ish area. So that's a place to start.

You don't have to live anywhere near where these gatherings might take place if you want to make a road trip out of it. It's up to you.

As coordinators, we'll start slow and start small.

Timing would be sometime between now and fall hunting season, when some people get busy (but some don't).

If you know of a place that would be a great gathering place with range facilities, other "stuff" to see and do, hotels/motels for those that might travel into the area, by all means raise your hand.

Even better, if you want to be a "coordinator," this is the place to volunteer for that role.

It's driven by the desire on the part of some of us to move this Forum "beyond the keyboard" and continue to build relationships and share our enthusiasm for our hobbies.

If anyone has suggestions, ideas and anything specific, this is the place to start.

We have to start somewhere...
3 x
BB Steel .357 | SGC 22LR | LR .308 | CCH 30-30 | BB Brass .45 Colt (Carbine) | Single Shot 20 gauge | Single Shot .223 | Single Shot 357

Cofisher
Drover
United States of America

Re: We Gotta Start Somewhere...

Post by Cofisher » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:09 pm

Thanks Evan. Let's get started. It's hard to figure a more 'central' area than KC. Even though I prefer the Rockies.

Using this as a starting point, how many of you would be willing to travel for a couple day event?

Keep in mind accommodations, eating, and entertainment.

And, obviously, shooting range access.

Give us your ideas. We can make it work.
1 x
Remember, it's not how many guns you have. It's how many bullets you have.

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:05 pm

KC is way too far for us to head out there for a long weekend .... that said, we routinely pass through there twice a year .... once in June on our way to South Dakota and then again in August on our way home .... we already schedule in a full day for shooting with friends from another forum at Jay Henges St Park near St Louis .... given a bit of lead time, we could build in a day or so to meet and shoot in the St Joe / KC area
2 x

ESquared
Deputy Administrator
United States of America

Post by ESquared » Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:18 pm

Well, see, there ya go! How simple was that?

As the "Coordinator," if you're interested in such a get-together, in or around KC, sometime in either June or August, send me a PM and I'll start a list of interested parties.

In the meantime, I'll PM JEB and get some more details on timing, etc.

Let the fun begin!
1 x
BB Steel .357 | SGC 22LR | LR .308 | CCH 30-30 | BB Brass .45 Colt (Carbine) | Single Shot 20 gauge | Single Shot .223 | Single Shot 357

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:40 pm

I am personally behind this 100 percent.
Anyone interested in the southeast region, please fell free to PM me. If we get truly interested parties involved, we'll go from there.
I am willing to research " practical " places to meet, if and when it comes to fruition! Hopefully it will!! :D
Please feel comfortable reaching out!
1 x
I'm your Huckleberry

Vaquero
Ranch Boss
United States of America

Post by Vaquero » Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:27 am

This would be a neat thing, and yes I would be interested in meeting some of y'all. :shock:

I have one such gathering up in Minn. this fall for a phesant/sporting clays event.
We will have folks (around 18 of us) from 8 different states, and possibly 2 foreign Countrys.
And will be our third event since 2015.
First was in SC, then in Texas, now up north.

RP
2 x
Monte Walsh "You have No idea how little I care". :lol:

Ain't No Apologies for My Temperament :shock:
Si vis pacem, para bellum
H001, H006, H012