Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Federal Punch .45acp

Discussion about what manufactured ammunition feeds your Henry or other firearms
GunnyGene
Drover
United States of America

Re: Federal Punch .45acp

Post by GunnyGene » Mon May 23, 2022 4:45 pm

BrokenolMarine wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 4:35 pm
Very nice. I bought the Galco for the Kimber when Miss T bought the Kimber for me as a gift for an off duty gun. I had been working with Juvenile Drug Dealers an a number of them had made threats. As we carried the Glock 22 on duty on duty, I carried the 27 off duty, with two full size 22 mags for reloads.
That was nice of her :) . I can't say the same, since my late wife hadn't been employed for many years, but that's ok. She did more in other ways than what many life partners would do. I miss her more than anyone can imagine :cry: .
1 x
Bellum Omnium Contra Omnes is rapidly becoming a reality (11/2023). Para Bellum.

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Mon May 23, 2022 5:16 pm

GunnyGene wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 4:45 pm
BrokenolMarine wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 4:35 pm
Very nice. I bought the Galco for the Kimber when Miss T bought the Kimber for me as a gift for an off duty gun. I had been working with Juvenile Drug Dealers an a number of them had made threats. As we carried the Glock 22 on duty on duty, I carried the 27 off duty, with two full size 22 mags for reloads.
That was nice of her :) . I can't say the same, since my late wife hadn't been employed for many years, but that's ok. She did more in other ways than what many life partners would do. I miss her more than anyone can imagine :cry: .
Sorry for your loss. . Don't know what I'll do if Miss T goes first. :evil:
0 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Mon May 23, 2022 7:28 pm

Back to the subject of ammo, every get a chance to try Glasers? A SWAT LT recommended them for home defense and walking the woods one afternoon my Mother in law shot a squirrel with Miss Ts Chief's Special. A $3 shot, but not much left. The Glaser did it's job. Luckily they came six to the blister pack, so we had an extra. ;)

I later switched the 38 and 357s over to Gold Dots as well. :P
0 x

Travlin
Cowboy

Post by Travlin » Mon May 23, 2022 10:11 pm

Broken Marine, That is nice selection of pistols but I have one ? The one that has 1911 A-1 on the slide appears to have the flat spring housing what is with that?
0 x

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Mon May 23, 2022 11:17 pm

Travlin wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 10:11 pm
Broken Marine, That is nice selection of pistols but I have one ? The one that has 1911 A-1 on the slide appears to have the flat spring housing what is with that?
That is my Match 1911. When I was shooting PPC at the local level, we shot 60 round matches from 7 to 25 yards and I was shooting against the guys in the general area. I shot the matches with a stock Springfield Armory 1911 I bought used. I won "Most" of the time. I shot the Service Auto matches with my P220 and won those "Most" of the time. Then my "Rabbi" or Law Enforcement advisor told me it was time to move up to state level. Big difference and before I made the move our buddy, a Nationally Known pistolsmith, built that Springfield into a Match .45. Basically the only stock thing remaining were the slide and frame. THEY had been tuned. The barrel, bushing, trigger, hammer, firing pin, sights, extractor, mainspring housing, all the springs, and all the internals had been replaced or polished and hand fitted. The pistol has a 2.5 pound trigger pull and is more accurate than I'll ever be.

*** Before doing the final work on the trigger the Smith called and asked if I would EVER carry this firearm or use if for anything other than match work. NO, I told him, you have worked on the guns I carry. "All I needed to know."

Springfield 45.JPG
Springfield 45.JPG (183.51 KiB) Viewed 460 times

Before going to the line for the match, the guns slide and sights got smoked flat black... no dots, triangles, tritium, or tricks. Flat Black Sight picture. This reduced all glare and gave a crisp clear sight picture.

03 smoked sights (2).jpg
03 smoked sights (2).jpg (150.92 KiB) Viewed 460 times

The smoke was just carbon and brushed off, what little residue remained came right off with Hoppes when the gun was cleaned. Duty Weapons with Night Sights weren't affected as long as you didn't get them too close to the smoker. I still have my smoker and still smoke sights when shooting for groups.
1 x

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Tue May 24, 2022 9:00 am

I forgot to mention, at state level, the matches were called 1500 matches. They were 150 rounds. The 60 round match I had been shooting at the local level was just one stage of the 1500, called Match 5.
0 x

fortyshooter
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by fortyshooter » Tue May 24, 2022 11:16 am

Nice 45 shooters guys! I'll be shooting the dust off my Ruger 1911 Cmd soon. New barrel for suppressor use on the way. I have another two 45 semi autos that I carry for SD or all around use so the Ruger will make a nice relatively quiet range plinker when needed.
0 x