Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

32 acp ammo question

Discussion about what manufactured ammunition feeds your Henry or other firearms
Hatchdog
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

32 acp ammo question

Post by Hatchdog » Sun Mar 13, 2022 5:08 pm

I have a 50’s vintage 32 acp pistol that is French made. I recall reading an article some time back discussing the different pressure ratings for different ammo available today. As I recall there was one brand that was higher pressure than the others. I want to say it was Fiocchi but I’m not positive. I have searched for this information and have not been able to find article again.

Question: Does anybody have any knowledge of 32 acp ammo and is the pressure between brands the same?
0 x

Hatchdog
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Re: 32 acp ammo question

Post by Hatchdog » Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:48 am

I have the answer to my question and I’ll share it here for others.

I have Remington, PMC and Magtech ammo on hand. I looked up the specs and found these three all have a 71 grain bullet leaving the muzzle at about 900 fps. The Fiocchi has a 73 grain bullet leaving the muzzle at 1000 fps. I’m pretty sure that whatever article I was reading was referencing the Fiocchi ammo as it must have more chamber pressure.

I also posted this question on the local site and had a response from a very knowledgeable guy. He stated that European ammo manufacturers tend to load 32 acp ammo hotter and this cartridge is still pretty popular there. I’m sure modern pistols chambered in 32 acp will shoot the higher pressure ammo just fine. Mine would probably do so also but for me there is no need to take a chance. I’ll never use it for self defense so won’t need a harder hitting ammo.

This pistol was my dad’s and for me it has more nostalgic value than practical use value and someday it will go to one of my nephews. I have three nephews that are gun owners, a fourth that I’m not sure about and a fifth who is probably on the other side of the 2A. I have one son and he is a very active gun owner and I should probably give one to him but he inherited several nice firearms from his grandfather on his moms side of the family. We’ll see.
1 x

RED
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by RED » Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:52 pm

Although there’s no .32ACP currently in-stock, sportsmansguide.com lists accurate muzzle velocity/energy stats under Key Features of the 10 products shown. A useful tool when selecting ammo for Beretta Tomcats, et al.
0 x
BBS Carbine .357

Hatchdog
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Hatchdog » Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:21 am

RED wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:52 pm
Although there’s no .32ACP currently in-stock, sportsmansguide.com lists accurate muzzle velocity/energy stats under Key Features of the 10 products shown. A useful tool when selecting ammo for Beretta Tomcats, et al.
Thanks, I took a look at their site and as mentioned they provide some great info.
0 x

The Happy Kaboomer
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by The Happy Kaboomer » Fri Mar 18, 2022 8:27 pm

If any of you reload I have around 500 32acp brass cases. Mostly PPU brand. I'll take .07 cents a piece for them. Plus shipping.
0 x