Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Hitting the jackpot with .17 rimfire

Discussion about what manufactured ammunition feeds your Henry or other firearms
Brando73
Wrangler
United States of America

Hitting the jackpot with .17 rimfire

Post by Brando73 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:45 pm

I've been buying where I find them but lately it's started paying off and now I've got about 1200 rounds to use with my Henry .17 hmr varmint lever action. Did some small zeroing but nothing to determine what ammo it likes. I got delivery of two orders today one is the CCI 17 grain 500 rounds and 250 rounds of the Hornady VR 20 grain. I've got some 16 grain as well.
I dropped off my action cover, front barrel band and screws off to be professionally nickel plated (expensive...Ha) and it should look great. Add's so durability to getting scratched. I can do nickel plating so I may do the rear and front sights in Nickel as well (those are very nice sights too. Not the buck's but fiber optics (green rear and red front.
2 x

Vaquero
Ranch Boss
United States of America

Re: Hitting the jackpot with .17 rimfire

Post by Vaquero » Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:26 am

Pictures when it's done....Please.

RP
0 x
Monte Walsh "You have No idea how little I care". :lol:

Ain't No Apologies for My Temperament :shock:
Si vis pacem, para bellum
H001, H006, H012

fortyshooter
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by fortyshooter » Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:40 am

Is the action cover made of same material as the 22 LR rifle? Would be great if somebody or even Henry would make a steel action cover for the 22 rifles so it could be color case hardened. Henry could make them and send them to Tyler for the CCH and sell them in accessories!
0 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:56 pm

fortyshooter wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:40 am
Is the action cover made of same material as the 22 LR rifle? Would be great if somebody or even Henry would make a steel action cover for the 22 rifles so it could be color case hardened. Henry could make them and send them to Tyler for the CCH and sell them in accessories!
I wish.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:58 pm

Brando73 wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:45 pm
I've been buying where I find them but lately it's started paying off and now I've got about 1200 rounds to use with my Henry .17 hmr varmint lever action. Did some small zeroing but nothing to determine what ammo it likes. I got delivery of two orders today one is the CCI 17 grain 500 rounds and 250 rounds of the Hornady VR 20 grain. I've got some 16 grain as well.
I dropped off my action cover, front barrel band and screws off to be professionally nickel plated (expensive...Ha) and it should look great. Add's so durability to getting scratched. I can do nickel plating so I may do the rear and front sights in Nickel as well (those are very nice sights too. Not the buck's but fiber optics (green rear and red front.
Every firearm has a particular ammo that it likes best but I’ve found all my 17 caliber firearms likes all ammo I feed it.

Looking forward to the finished cover.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater