Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Another ammo shortage?

Discussion about what manufactured ammunition feeds your Henry or other firearms
Hatchdog
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Re: Another ammo shortage?

Post by Hatchdog » Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:30 am

I’m starting to see more and more Hornady bullets in stores which is encouraging. Still a crap shoot on primers and powder tho.
0 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Sun Aug 29, 2021 3:43 pm

GunnyGene wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:04 am
Ozarkwoodswalker wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 4:18 am
Are we stuck with another ammo shortage? Appears so here. Hopefully not...
It's still the same limited supply and high demand situation it's been for the last 18 months. We'll continue to experience sporadic bare shelves/rationing depending on regional demand at any given moment. Not likely to change any time soon, and we all know why. Think of it as the new normal ;) .

Lot's of news stories about it lately, if you care to search the web for them - "ammunition shortage".
It seems we have an ammo shortage the first two years of every presidential election since Obama.
1 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

GunnyGene
Drover
United States of America

Post by GunnyGene » Sun Aug 29, 2021 4:15 pm

Sir Henry wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 3:43 pm
GunnyGene wrote:
Ozarkwoodswalker wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 4:18 am
Are we stuck with another ammo shortage? Appears so here. Hopefully not...
It's still the same limited supply and high demand situation it's been for the last 18 months. We'll continue to experience sporadic bare shelves/rationing depending on regional demand at any given moment. Not likely to change any time soon, and we all know why. Think of it as the new normal ;) .

Lot's of news stories about it lately, if you care to search the web for them - "ammunition shortage".
It seems we have an ammo shortage the first two years of every presidential election since Obama.
I don't have any hard data, but I suspect that periodic ammo shortages go back to at least George Washington. ;) :lol:
2 x
Bellum Omnium Contra Omnes is rapidly becoming a reality (11/2023). Para Bellum.

Vaquero
Ranch Boss
United States of America

Post by Vaquero » Sun Aug 29, 2021 5:37 pm

:o :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

RP
0 x
Monte Walsh "You have No idea how little I care". :lol:

Ain't No Apologies for My Temperament :shock:
Si vis pacem, para bellum
H001, H006, H012

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Sun Aug 29, 2021 6:02 pm

GunnyGene wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 4:15 pm
Sir Henry wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 3:43 pm
GunnyGene wrote:

I don't have any hard data, but I suspect that periodic ammo shortages go back to at least George Washington. ;) :lol:
I bet there were shortages during WWII also. The year 2008 was the first one that I can remember. George was slightly before my time.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater