Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Shock and Awe at the LGS !!!

Discussion about what manufactured ammunition feeds your Henry or other firearms
Greyhawk
Cowhand
United States of America

Re: Shock and Awe at the LGS !!!

Post by Greyhawk » Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:07 pm

The gouging isn't just in the ammo industry. I am in construction. (I'm a HVAC contractor) And prices are going absolutely crazy. I have been buying everything that I possibly can to cover us and our projects for the entire year of 2021. Not only are the prices going off the charts, but some items are getting tough to get. In years past every spring there is about a 3-5 percent increase for the year on certain items. This year all bets are off. Underground ductwork went up 10% last Monday, and then another 15% on Wednesday. Usually, my bids are good for 6 months, This year 15 days.
It has been driving me crazy.... Along with all of my builder, electrician, plumbing and insulating friends. It's going to be another long year.
0 x

fortyshooter
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by fortyshooter » Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:54 pm

World out of control!
0 x

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Post by CT_Shooter » Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:38 pm

Greyhawk wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:07 pm
The gouging isn't just in the ammo industry. I am in construction. (I'm a HVAC contractor) And prices are going absolutely crazy. I have been buying everything that I possibly can to cover us and our projects for the entire year of 2021. Not only are the prices going off the charts, but some items are getting tough to get. In years past every spring there is about a 3-5 percent increase for the year on certain items. This year all bets are off. Underground ductwork went up 10% last Monday, and then another 15% on Wednesday. Usually, my bids are good for 6 months, This year 15 days.
It has been driving me crazy.... Along with all of my builder, electrician, plumbing and insulating friends. It's going to be another long year.
It's supply and demand. Last year was an historic year for natural disasters in the USA, which resulted in high demand for construction materials and labor.
Adam B. Smith wrote:
NOAA’s National Centers for Environmental Information (NCEI) has released the final 2020 update to its Billion-dollar disaster report (www.ncdc.noaa.gov/billions), officially confirming what communities across the nation experienced first-hand: 2020 was a historic year of extremes.

There were 22 separate billion-dollar weather and climate disasters across the United States, shattering the previous annual record of 16 events, which occurred in 2017 and 2011. The billion-dollar events of 2020 included a record 7 disasters linked to tropical cyclones, 13 to severe storms, 1 to drought, and 1 to wildfires. The 22 events cost the nation a combined $95 billion in damages.

https://www.climate.gov/news-features/b ... historical
0 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

Greyhawk
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Greyhawk » Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:49 pm

CT_Shooter wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:38 pm
Greyhawk wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:07 pm
It's supply and demand. Last year was an historic year for natural disasters in the USA, which resulted in high demand for construction materials and labor.
Adam B. Smith wrote:
NOAA’s National Centers for Environmental Information (NCEI) has released the final 2020 update to its Billion-dollar disaster report (www.ncdc.noaa.gov/billions), officially confirming what communities across the nation experienced first-hand: 2020 was a historic year of extremes.

There were 22 separate billion-dollar weather and climate disasters across the United States, shattering the previous annual record of 16 events, which occurred in 2017 and 2011. The billion-dollar events of 2020 included a record 7 disasters linked to tropical cyclones, 13 to severe storms, 1 to drought, and 1 to wildfires. The 22 events cost the nation a combined $95 billion in damages.

https://www.climate.gov/news-features/b ... historical
Yep..... But, no matter what the cause, it's disheartening.
0 x

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Post by CT_Shooter » Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:37 pm

Greyhawk wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:49 pm
Yep..... But, no matter what the cause, it's disheartening.
fortyshooter wrote:World out of control!
Agreed. But, the way I see it is, we bite the bullet and suffer some short term pain... or ignore the causes of climate change and suffer catastrophic long term pain. The science is clear; the climate is changing. Among reasonable people, there is no doubt. Future generations of our children are in play and it's not a game where the board can be reset if we lose.
0 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

RanchRoper
Forum Ambassador
Canada

Post by RanchRoper » Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:52 pm

Climate has been changing since earth began. Evolution.
5 x
1860 Colt SA Richards Conversion Revolver .45C
1860 Henry .45C
1885 High Wall .45C
1820-1840 Frontier Percussion .50
1790-1820 Frontier Flintlock .50

Ohkínohkomit - Shoot skillfully

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:55 pm

How arrogant can we be to think that we, tiny mortals, can effect the planet. I don't think this is political...JMO!
3 x
I'm your Huckleberry

Vaquero
Ranch Boss
United States of America

Post by Vaquero » Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:56 pm

Ditto to the last two comments!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RP
4 x
Monte Walsh "You have No idea how little I care". :lol:

Ain't No Apologies for My Temperament :shock:
Si vis pacem, para bellum
H001, H006, H012

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Post by CT_Shooter » Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:23 pm

OK. This is a friendly forum where ideas (other than political or religious) can be exchanged and discussed. And that's a good thing. Right?

I thought so.

So. I don't think it's arrogant to consider that "mere mortals" have had such an impact on the planet given our dominance (stewardship) of it. And yes! The climate has been changing since the beginning of time, though as stewards, we (oblivious) mortals have made a significant contribution to recently documented climate changes that have had catastrophic, costly, and existential effects.

You may disagree for a variety of political or religious reasons, which we will not discuss, but you can't provide a scientific, data driven argument that climate change is not the result of human activity. Or, can you?

Climate change includes both global warming driven by human emissions of greenhouse gases and the resulting large-scale shifts in weather patterns. Though there have been previous periods of climatic change, since the mid-20th century humans have had an unprecedented impact on Earth's climate system and caused change on a global scale.

The largest driver of warming is the emission of greenhouse gases, of which more than 90% are carbon dioxide (CO2) and methane. Fossil fuel burning (coal, oil, and natural gas) for energy consumption is the main source of these emissions, with additional contributions from agriculture, deforestation, and manufacturing.The human cause of climate change is not disputed by any scientific body of national or international standing. Temperature rise is accelerated or tempered by climate feedbacks, such as loss of sunlight-reflecting snow and ice cover, increased water vapour (a greenhouse gas itself), and changes to land and ocean carbon sinks.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Climate_change
0 x

Jdl447
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Jdl447 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:32 pm

Who writes Wikipedia articles?
4 x
When a clown moves into a palace, he doesn't become a king. The palace becomes a circus.