Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Trip to my LGS today.....

Discussion about what manufactured ammunition feeds your Henry or other firearms
JVogler
Cowhand
United States of America

Re: Trip to my LGS today.....

Post by JVogler » Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:29 pm

Went to breakfast with friends of over 50 years in Philadelphia. We try this once a month, afterwards I shop at gun store for reloading supplies. Picked up a one pound four pack (4 4ounce bottles) of Hodgdon rifle powders trial pack. It looked old,box was faded,price tag was unreadable. Charged me $20 for that assorted rifle powder and $39.95 for a 3 die set of Lee 9 mm reloading dies.
0 x

Vaquero
Ranch Boss
United States of America

Post by Vaquero » Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:57 pm

Good price on the 20 ga stuff, those would be $22.95 @ either of the 2 closest WW's here.

RP
0 x
Monte Walsh "You have No idea how little I care". :lol:

Ain't No Apologies for My Temperament :shock:
Si vis pacem, para bellum
H001, H006, H012

Koyote
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Koyote » Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:40 am

Picked up two small boxes of Browning .22 WMR at a local gun range in Reno. The place was packed, the firing range, people waiting in line for the range, people looking at firearms and accessories and a line at the cashier to make their purchases. Of course it was Saturday and a relatively day other then being a little cold and windy. I just wish it would warm up a little and the wind die down so I could go out shooting in the desert.
1 x

GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by GFK » Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:41 am

Oldbrass wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:05 pm
LGS has 2 boxes of 7-30 waters and some 16 gauge birdshot. No 7-30 rifles or 16 gauge shotgun on the shelf..I went by walmart for lawnmower blade they had had two 100 round cases of 20 gauge target/grouse load in stock $17.99 each I snagged both
I think Walmart does receive it share of ammo. But, employees either are very slow at putting it out or save it for family and friends. I recall telling one employee this. A few days later, ammo was on the shelf. He said that it was in back, and no one put it out. This was during the last ammo slow down. So, I have not bothered to ask this time. I learned my lesson from the last slow down, keep plenty on hand.
2 x
Actions speak louder than words (Matthew 7:16-20).