Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

What do you keep readily available?

Discussion about what manufactured ammunition feeds your Henry or other firearms
Ernie
Drover
United States of America

Re: What do you keep readily available?

Post by Ernie » Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:40 pm

I learned the last time. I have enough.
2 x

Holiday009
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Holiday009 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:53 pm

Winchester 1300 Defender first one deployed for home defense.
0 x

Koyote
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Koyote » Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:34 am

Great to see that others are interested in .22 Mag. My fave over the .22 LR! Just yesterday, I stopped by one of LGS in town and found they were selling 100 rds./customer. I picked up two boxes of which one was Maxi-Mag. I have a Remington 597 with several new original plastic magazines that work better then the subsequent metal magazines they made. I also got a Volquartsen extractor and eliminated the FTF/FTE probs I used to have. Too bad Remington didn't find/fix the problem with their 597M because it is a great little rifle. Mine had the gray all weather stock. I picked it up back in 2008 and am very happy with it.
Good shootin' to y'all!
0 x

GunnyGene
Drover
United States of America

Post by GunnyGene » Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:08 am

Koyote wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:34 am
Great to see that others are interested in .22 Mag. My fave over the .22 LR! Just yesterday, I stopped by one of LGS in town and found they were selling 100 rds./customer. I picked up two boxes of which one was Maxi-Mag. I have a Remington 597 with several new original plastic magazines that work better then the subsequent metal magazines they made. I also got a Volquartsen extractor and eliminated the FTF/FTE probs I used to have. Too bad Remington didn't find/fix the problem with their 597M because it is a great little rifle. Mine had the gray all weather stock. I picked it up back in 2008 and am very happy with it.
Good shootin' to y'all!
Yep, always a favorite of mine. Bought this Win 9422M new in 1973. Just put the scope on it a couple years ago (eyes).

0 x
Bellum Omnium Contra Omnes is rapidly becoming a reality (11/2023). Para Bellum.

Rifletom
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by Rifletom » Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:17 am

Nice wood on that one Gunny. Looks good.
0 x

GunnyGene
Drover
United States of America

Post by GunnyGene » Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:22 am

Rifletom wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:17 am
Nice wood on that one Gunny. Looks good.
Thanks. I've tried to keep it in good shape. Probably has 10k rounds thru it.
1 x
Bellum Omnium Contra Omnes is rapidly becoming a reality (11/2023). Para Bellum.

DAVIDF
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by DAVIDF » Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:26 pm

I keep most of my defensive rifles in soft bags with 6 to 10 magazines plus the one in the rifle. A Glock 19 with 6 spare magazines stays in my backpack or on my hip. Plus another 100 or so of my 9mm hand loads packed loose in a zip lock bag. I tend to keep either my 9mm AK-V (blow back action with AK type controls and short 10.5" barrel) or an AK rifle by my side 24 hrs a day. Perhaps the closest time I've ever been to being in a gun fight was in my back yard. I took a week off from work to move a drive way full of mulch to the back yard. On Wednesday, I took a day off from the manual labor to go to the range with my wife. While we were at the range 3 armed car jackers fled for 50 or more miles from the police. They ditched the car in a store front next to our neighborhood climbing over a number of fences including ours, passing thru our back yard while looking for a house to hide in. Our two back doors would have been open had I been home. They were arrested in our neighbors yard as they went to the front of the house and confronted a number of officers in the drive way. Doesn't matter where you live sometimes it is just happenstance. Something that starts 50 miles away can end up in your back yard or living room.

I've stock piled a lot of ammo (I wish I had more) over the last few years and quite a bit last year, especially 7.6x39 & .22 LR. I bought over 40,000 rounds of .22 LR last year as soon as it looked like everything was going to be bought up. I wanted something to last quite a few years so I could enjoy shooting without worrying about how much I paid for it or when I would be able to buy again ;)
0 x
Made by Henry, Or Not Made At All

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:16 am

I have four main range ammo cans I keep stocked everyday. And I have one and sometimes two general range bags filled with staplers, targets and tools.

Grab a few firearms, an ammo can and a range bag and I’m good to go. When I get back I immediately reset for the next trip. I think the Army taught me that.
2 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater