Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

My good deed for the day

Discussion about what manufactured ammunition feeds your Henry or other firearms
Grunt67
Cowboy
United States of America

My good deed for the day

Post by Grunt67 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:38 am

This morning I carried a load of ammo I can't use to my local Sheriffs Dept.
3300 rd.s 40 S&W reloads
500 rds .308 reloads
1164 rds .223 reloads & factory.

I've gotten rid of my 40 S&W, .308 Win, AR-15, so had no need to keep this laying around in my way.
As we all know, ammo is scarce as hens' teeth, so I donated it all to them. Obviously, they were thrilled to get it.
I worked with the Dept 8 yrs.

My good deed for the day. No promises about tomorrow. :lol:
14 x
I rarely ever buy a rifle, but when I do, it's a Henry.

"Every day above ground, is a good day" ( Al Capone )

Vaquero
Ranch Boss
United States of America

Re: My good deed for the day

Post by Vaquero » Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:04 am

WOW!

RP
1 x
Monte Walsh "You have No idea how little I care". :lol:

Ain't No Apologies for My Temperament :shock:
Si vis pacem, para bellum
H001, H006, H012

GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by GFK » Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:30 pm

That is nice of you, and I can understand. I just see dollars. I was at a LGS, and someone was asking about ammo, even hand loads. At a conservative estimate of $1 a round, that is in the neighborhood of $5k. I understand money in not everything. So, that is mighty nice of you. Being a good neighbor is worthwhile. Good for you!
1 x
Actions speak louder than words (Matthew 7:16-20).

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:29 pm

Thats nice of you to do that Grunt. I know some football players that need to take the same path instead of kneeling on the field.
1 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

fortyshooter
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by fortyshooter » Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:40 pm

Congrats to you for a great deed!
1 x

Holiday009
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Holiday009 » Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:21 pm

Congratulations for doing a good deed , there is still good people in this world.
1 x

Grunt67
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Grunt67 » Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:09 pm

GFK wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:30 pm
That is nice of you, and I can understand. I just see dollars. I was at a LGS, and someone was asking about ammo, even hand loads. At a conservative estimate of $1 a round, that is in the neighborhood of $5k. I understand money in not everything. So, that is mighty nice of you. Being a good neighbor is worthwhile. Good for you!
True, I probably could have sold it, although, selling the reloads isn't legal IIRC. But, legal aside, I didn't want to do that. As we all
know, all too well, ammo, or anything to do with shooting, is almost impossible to find. Even if you do luck up, the prices are in
another galaxy.
I live in the smallest county in Tenn. Our Sheriffs Dept., is small as well, as is their budget. I know this as I worked there for 8 years,
going thru budget battles every year.
So, I decided to give it to them to practice with, ( we qualified with the ammo we carried daily ). This was almost 5,000 rds. total.
Needless to say, they were glad to get it.
Guess it was a win for both of us.
1 x

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:22 am

Good job Grunt. I lived in a very small county in VA. When we first moved there, the deputies went off duty at 10pm Sunday thru Thursday, and Midnight Friday and Saturday. No bars in the County, still aren't, and only the one gas station open after 10pm. They rolled up the sidewalks. No fast food, no 24 hour anything other than gas in the county.

The trooper on duty covered the overnight, and a deputy was on call from home. They provided their own firearms and duty gear. The Department provided duty ammo, they paid for practice ammo. I know exactly of what you speak.

As an EMT for our volunteer rescue squad, we worked with them often. I worked full time in another department, several counties away. Our starting officers made more than the Lts and Capts in the SO in our little county. So donations made a huge difference.
1 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by GFK » Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:24 am

Grunt67 wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:09 pm
GFK wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:30 pm
True, I probably could have sold it, although, selling the reloads isn't legal IIRC. But, legal aside, I didn't want to do that. As we all
know, all too well, ammo, or anything to do with shooting, is almost impossible to find. Even if you do luck up, the prices are in
another galaxy.
I live in the smallest county in Tenn. Our Sheriffs Dept., is small as well, as is their budget. I know this as I worked there for 8 years,
going thru budget battles every year.
So, I decided to give it to them to practice with, ( we qualified with the ammo we carried daily ). This was almost 5,000 rds. total.
Needless to say, they were glad to get it.
Guess it was a win for both of us.
Hi Grunt,

I was not attempting to be negative. I was attempting to put in some context. The gun shop that I frequent offers hand loads of .38s/.357s at about $2 a round. I can go to a gun shop about 60 miles North and get hand loads for about $1 a round. I can go to a gun range between the two and get factory loads for less than $1 a round. Since the shops are not probably trying to loss their license or go to jail over a few dollars, I figure they know what they are doing.

I typically give at least $5K a year to a church. So, I understanding about giving. Just was attempting to highlight that what you did, was no small gesture! Meaning, there is still a lot of good in the world!
1 x
Actions speak louder than words (Matthew 7:16-20).

Grunt67
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Grunt67 » Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:31 am

GFk, I didn't take it as negative, the opposite, actually. I appreciate your comments.
I really appreciate all the complements from everyone.
Thanks, pardner. :D
1 x