Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Local guy wants $275 for a brick of Blazer .22LR

Discussion about what manufactured ammunition feeds your Henry or other firearms
John E Davies
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Local guy wants $275 for a brick of Blazer .22LR

Post by John E Davies » Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:42 pm

I have seen some sky high prices, but this guy deserves a special place in Hell.

IMG_9872.PNG
IMG_9872.PNG (447.72 KiB) Viewed 1541 times

That is 55 cents per round. Have you seen anything quite as outrageous as this? One thing I will say, he is persistent! I keep flagging the post (Craigslist prohibited item) and it pops up again the next day. I am not sure how he does that... I intend to keep flagging him.

John Davies
Spokane WA
4 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Re: Local guy wants $275 for a brick of Blazer .22LR

Post by BigAl52 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:48 pm

Yup people actually buying small pistol primers at 3k for 5000
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

rugrat
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by rugrat » Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:53 pm

That is definitely an insane price the crook is wanting for it!
0 x

Stets
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by Stets » Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:10 pm

One of the LGS near me is selling a brick of norma 40 gr LRN for 194.80..
Insanity
0 x
Don't listen to people that say you don't need more guns and ammo. No one needs that kind of negativity in their lives!!

cphilip
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by cphilip » Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:57 pm

Why flag it? Its not illegal to sell ammo in your state is it?

Craigs list can make up all the rules they want but its not something I would want to be a part of contributing to this sort of censorship.

It's America. He can ask what he wants. You can just ignore him. I don't like him doing the gouging but live and let live.
2 x

Rifletom
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by Rifletom » Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:07 pm

cphilip wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:57 pm
Why flag it? Its not illegal to sell ammo in your state is it?

Craigs list can make up all the rules they want but its not something I would want to be a part of contributing to this sort of censorship.

It's America. He can ask what he wants. You can just ignore him. I don't like him doing the gouging but live and let live.
Easy cphilip. As you said, it's America. we're all entitled to opinion and observation on current component/ammo dealings.
0 x

cphilip
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by cphilip » Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:20 pm

True.

But flagging? Thats an action against another... not expressing an opinion. Im just as frustrated as you guys with the prices and gouging. But flagging that is based upon you objecting to him selling ammo at all by the Craigs list rules. Thats the reason for flagging a post. Prohibited item. So you're contributing to the problem of making ammo a bad thing. Not your valid objection to the price or the act of selling ammo. Your reason for flagging is prohibited item. Thats not expressing an opinion on the price. Its taking a negative action against someone else selling a legitimate legal item.

My point and my opinion.

Unfortunately though. I must admit I cannot think of another method to send your message to the guy.
0 x

Rifletom
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by Rifletom » Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:34 pm

Point taken. However, you seem a bit stressed about this "flagging". Why don't we just let this ride and see what becomes of it? That good?
0 x

John E Davies
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by John E Davies » Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:41 pm

I think my first post was not clear, and I apologize. I flag this guy because he is a jerk. and I will keep doing it. I would not normally flag others trying to sell gun parts, ammo or reloading stuff. In fact, I will contact one occasionally to steer them to our local Spokane Guntrader classifieds site, where he will be more than welcome. But of the ones I have contacted, not one has ever responded to my email. Oh well.

I am not sure why anyone would be bothered by my action to this particular sale.

John Davies
Spokane WA
1 x

cphilip
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by cphilip » Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:48 pm

Rifletom,

You're interjecting your perceived emotions into an internet thread. There is no stress here on my end. But Ill take a moment to point out hypocrisy when I see it.

I just want to point out that taking an action against that seller based upon a different personal "opinion" to interfere with another's legal right to sell property is not a solution to the problem. Craigs list is responsible for making up its rules and enforcing them. If the OP legitimately and truly believes the items should be prohibited from being sold there, he/she objects to ammunition being sold there... then go right ahead. By all means. But I see no evidence that his reasons for flagging the item is his concern for ammunition being sold there. In fact it appears he was looking for ammo there. His actions are retaliatory. And so it becomes a hypocrisy to be flagging that ammo because he doesn't like the price. See the wrong in that action?

But we all cool. No hard feelings. I just felt compelled to point that out. I think that seller should be left alone. Let his conscience be his moral guide. Hope it doesn't sell.

You guys been watching the price gouging at Cheaper than Dirt? It's horrendous. My response? I'll never buy from them again. And Ill bad mouth them every chance I get with legitimate criticism.

But let's just say we have aired our differences and stick together on this ammo situation. I don't like it any more than you do. Some people do wrong things for reasons we cannot fathom.

OP... I see your thought process and I can understand your actions. This stuff pisses me off too. I understand where youre coming from. Sometimes you just feel like you gotta act I know! LOL
Last edited by cphilip on Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
0 x