Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Re: Painting The Interior

Post by Sir Henry » Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:55 pm

BigAl52 wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:40 pm
Looks good Gene
This is the ugly part. I can’t get to anything until I move stuff back into the two rooms. The large safe needs to go in first which is a four man job. This means waiting for the neighbors to help me.

The good will be getting my hobby room back. It became the junk room for three years. But soon it will be even better than before.

I’m removing a tanker desk which took up a lot of room and didn’t hold much. I will put a counter high double island desk in the center. It not only holds more but also frees the wall space to I can stack ammo cans against it.

Those are rifle cabinets under the bedding against the wall. Everything needs to come off the table and then the table removed. I did it this way so I could tell at a glance if anyone opened a cabinet.
Attachments
1a.jpg
1a.jpg (80.86 KiB) Viewed 3248 times
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:20 pm

As soon as you mentioned safe and ammo cans I had thoughts of my area. I hope I never half to move it because it would take alot of effort. It doesnt sound like what you are doing is taking any less effort at all.
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:20 pm

BigAl52 wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:20 pm
As soon as you mentioned safe and ammo cans I had thoughts of my area. I hope I never half to move it because it would take alot of effort. It doesnt sound like what you are doing is taking any less effort at all.
Some of the ammo cans are very heavy. It doesn’t take many to weight a ton.
0 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:42 pm

The hobby room and spare bedroom are finished and the wall/ceiling border is started in the back hall.

But first I need to paint the ceiling and two walls in the master bedroom so I can move some bedroom furniture out of the way of the hobby room furniture.

I only want to move them once, not three times.

It’s nice to see the house coming back together. I’m still living out of boxes.
Attachments
1a.jpg
1a.jpg (50.01 KiB) Viewed 3281 times
2a.jpg
2a.jpg (51.98 KiB) Viewed 3281 times
1 x

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:02 am

We painted the whole house over several months, one room at a time. Tina did the painting, I did any pre-painting honey do's needed to prep the rooms. (She won't let me on ladders since the femur break.). Great job, fresh paint really brightens up the house and gives each room it's own identity. But, done well, it's not an easy task.
1 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:54 pm

BrokenolMarine wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:02 am
We painted the whole house over several months, one room at a time. Tina did the painting, I did any pre-painting honey do's needed to prep the rooms. (She won't let me on ladders since the femur break.). Great job, fresh paint really brightens up the house and gives each room it's own identity. But, done well, it's not an easy task.
My biggest problem is I completely removed everything from several rooms including the hobby room. Now I cannot find anything. My remodel project includes hardwood floors, painting, new ceramic tile in the master bathroom, new washer and dryer and a complete kitchen remodel.
0 x

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:36 pm

Sir Henry wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:54 pm
BrokenolMarine wrote:
My biggest problem is I completely removed everything from several rooms including the hobby room. Now I cannot find anything. My remodel project includes hardwood floors, painting, new ceramic tile in the master bathroom, new washer and dryer and a complete kitchen remodel.
I feel yah. We moved the larger items from one side of the room to the other, but took the opportunity to declutter each room once again. The largest pass thru the house occurred after the last of the four kids moved. ;) Room by Room, everything was gone thru and sorted. Keep, boxed to go to one of the four kids, or just go. (Sell, give to friends or charity, or dump run.)

Room by room, slowly but surely, we were amazed how much we let go of. We did it again several years later, but only about ten percent of stuff to remove. We still declutter every few years. It seems to come from nowhere. :?
0 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:31 pm

BrokenolMarine wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:36 pm
Sir Henry wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:54 pm
BrokenolMarine wrote:
I feel yah. We moved the larger items from one side of the room to the other, but took the opportunity to declutter each room once again. The largest pass thru the house occurred after the last of the four kids moved. ;) Room by Room, everything was gone thru and sorted. Keep, boxed to go to one of the four kids, or just go. (Sell, give to friends or charity, or dump run.)

Room by room, slowly but surely, we were amazed how much we let go of. We did it again several years later, but only about ten percent of stuff to remove. We still declutter every few years. It seems to come from nowhere. :?
Over the years I’ve gone through all the rooms except the hobby room and that room became the junk room. This is by far the hardest (and heaviest) room.

Adding the hardwood floors and painting has been a major disruption in my life.
0 x

Dahliathemeh
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Dahliathemeh » Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:53 am

Your doing a great job! I love how the color in the hobby room makes the wood color pop.
1 x
I never take myself seriously....

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:19 pm

Back to the salt mines! I hate painting ceilings.
4A27B8E2-8099-4A0C-9315-03F901EFDC10.jpeg
4A27B8E2-8099-4A0C-9315-03F901EFDC10.jpeg (200.64 KiB) Viewed 3208 times
1 x