Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Miss T is Painting...

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Miss T is Painting...

Post by BrokenolMarine » Sun Oct 15, 2023 12:58 pm

We have lived in the dark for too long.... ;)

When we bought the house, we weren't thrilled with the color scheme. I couldn't figure out why the previous owner had chosen the two shades of brown to paint the entire interior. Mustard and DARK brown trim. :? A year or so later, I went to Ft. Sill for dental, and looking out the windows from the dental chair, I thought something looked familiar... then it hit me, ALL the buildings were a mustard yellow color, with DARK brown trim. The property we bought was owned by a former Supply Sergeant. :roll:

We bought the farm mainly for the property, which we fell in love with. The house we knew we could paint, and the things we didn't like we could change. Our plans were delayed when unexpected repairs popped up, but we finally are at the point to paint. While I am working on the kitchen range project, Miss Tina started painting. She chose a light mint(ish) green for the walls to brighten things up, and Off White for the trim. We chose a dark green for the accent wall behind the TV which we found makes the TV stand out and the colors POP. The exterior of the front and back doors will be a dark red, and the interior will be white like the trim, except the interior door leading to the garage which is part of the TV wall, it will get the dark green treatment.

Here is the original paint scheme. Blech!

original living room.JPG
original living room.JPG (890.74 KiB) Viewed 1991 times

With that dark paint, every wall and all the trim has taken at LEAST two coats. :evil: Yup, Miss T was thrilled. But she has stuck to it, usually doing one or two walls at a time, removing the plug and switch covers, paintings and decorations, and taping around anything not easily removed.

The rooms are really a LOT brighter now and look so much nicer. Here is the living room:

the door will be brick red.jpg
the door will be brick red.jpg (408.06 KiB) Viewed 1991 times

This is the den with the TV, and that door to the left leads to the garage. As mentioned above, it will be painted to match the dark green wall.

so much brighter.jpg
so much brighter.jpg (974.95 KiB) Viewed 1991 times

She has already painted the kitchen and will start working down the hall in the next couple days. We may replace the kitchen and hallway lighting with "Daylight LED" fixtures. As I said, we have been living in the dark. I have been working to improve things a bit at at time, but priorities have raised their ugly heads over the last three years, we have dealt with those first.
5 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.