Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Good Timing

Headhog
Cowboy
United States of America

Good Timing

Post by Headhog » Tue Jan 04, 2022 4:57 pm

We just had a whole house generator installed at the end of November. So far it wasn't tested out with an outage and I was still holding on to my portable generator. Well, Sunday I decided the portable generator needed to go. I cleaned it off and test fired it one last time. Took some pictures and planned to list it on facebook market.

Early Monday morning the wind kicked up and our house power went out at 3:40 am. New generator went on and in less than 30 seconds we had power again. So with snowflakes falling (we got 7"), I went on facebook and listed my portable generator. Before i knew it I had 6 replies, but the roads were getting bad and I wouldn't let anyone come see it. Our road is gravel and I'm the guy who plows it out. First thing today I let folks know the roads were better and the first interested person came over.

I started it for him he tested it with a few different loads and then peeled off my asking price. He was happy and I'm a happy camper.

Generator
Generator
IMG_2076.jpg (311.27 KiB) Viewed 3111 times

Only had 68 run hours. Good items will always sell, but sometimes the right timing is a much better salesman.

Paul
3 x

fortyshooter
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Re: Good Timing

Post by fortyshooter » Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:21 am

Yep that worked out nicely! My buddy couple doors down had a Generac installed couple years ago and the power in the neighborhood hasn't gone out since. Seems to do the job very well for the rest of us! I do have a portable Honda generator just in case though.
0 x

Headhog
Cowboy
United States of America

Re: Good Timing

Post by Headhog » Thu Jan 06, 2022 6:16 pm

fortyshooter wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:21 am
Yep that worked out nicely! My buddy couple doors down had a Generac installed couple years ago and the power in the neighborhood hasn't gone out since. Seems to do the job very well for the rest of us! I do have a portable Honda generator just in case though.
I think you and the rest of your neighborhood should chip in and by your buddy a case of his favorite barley beverage. He did a great service protecting the rest of the neighborhood. :lol:

On my street as soon as it starts to snow or the wind blow real hard the power goes out. :shock:

Paul
0 x