Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Cleaning up storm damage today......

fortyshooter
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Cleaning up storm damage today......

Post by fortyshooter » Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:11 am

We had a strong storm front blow thru the area yesterday evening and along with 3 inches of rain in an hour...winds blew a good sized and long limb out of neighbors huge walnut tree. Of course it landed on my side of the fence and barely missed my shed and also a large amount of walnuts scattered about but they normally fall a bit later in September.
So there is a tree cutting crew just a few doors down the street finishing up a job not related to the storm and they had their grinding machine setup.

The plan was to see if they could swing by after that job and grind up my cut limbs. Of course nowdays the crew is from well South of here and they don't understand what I ask. Guy gives me his phone with boss's number on it. I call and have to leave a message and will most likely never hear back.

Back in the not to distant years the owner was on the job site with a few workers and somebody would understand and do business. It's like that with most all home improvement companies too!

Miss the simple days!!!
1 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Re: Cleaning up storm damage today......

Post by Sir Henry » Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:31 pm

That is a lot of rain.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

fortyshooter
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by fortyshooter » Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:53 pm

Well they did call me back but said they couldn't get by here until late next week!! So I will pile it on the curb and call City Streets and they will pick it up. Our so called dump is only open on Friday and Saturday. Back in the day it was open 6 days a week!

Yeah that was a bunch of hard rain and at one point you couldn't see out the windows. Glad we up on a hill cause a lot of roads got flooded.
Straight line winds hit our neighborhood leaving limbs and debris everywhere.
1 x

Headhog
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Headhog » Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:09 pm

Glad you didn't have a real damage, Forty. I watched a bad storm pass south of me last night about 9:45. It put on some light show with lightening dancing in the distance. We never got any rain or wind, but it sure looked ugly on the radar.

Paul
0 x

Vaquero
Ranch Boss
United States of America

Post by Vaquero » Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:48 pm

Glad it wasn't any worse buddy, yeah the roofers, brick layers, sheet rock guys around here be from a tad farther south.
I know what ya mean.

RP
0 x
Monte Walsh "You have No idea how little I care". :lol:

Ain't No Apologies for My Temperament :shock:
Si vis pacem, para bellum
H001, H006, H012