Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Did Not Need This!

Cowboy Gun Fan
Cowboy
United States of America

Re: Did Not Need This!

Post by Cowboy Gun Fan » Thu May 20, 2021 10:31 pm

Stacks can be expensive. If there is any way you could go with separate units, go for it, but I understand when there is limited space. So far, so good. I've been buying Whirlpool for decades. We get great use out of them and so far I've been able to fix each one myself, although they seldom fail.
0 x
NRA Member

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Thu May 20, 2021 10:42 pm

Cowboy Gun Fan wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 10:31 pm
Stacks can be expensive. If there is any way you could go with separate units, go for it, but I understand when there is limited space. So far, so good. I've been buying Whirlpool for decades. We get great use out of them and so far I've been able to fix each one myself, although they seldom fail.
Thanks CGF. yes, space is very limited, so, I have to go with the stack unit...unfortunately.
The tech today DID recommend Whirlpool, however, after a brief search online; capacity/size might be an issue with the Whirlpool.
I had a GE once before with no issues. Might get another because I like the size and I'm familiar with it's functions.
This time though, I would pay for the extended warranty, ( which I never do on anything cause I think it's a rip off ), but maybe not in this case.
Appreciate your input!
1 x
I'm your Huckleberry

Hatchdog
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Hatchdog » Fri May 21, 2021 10:09 am

^^^^^^

We bought all new appliances for the kitchen and laundry in 2016. My wife agreed to an extended warranty while I was not in earshot and when she told me it was $1300.00 I was not too happy. The salesman told me that after the five years were gone any balance from the $1300.00 would be a store credit for us. That helped somewhat. Fast forward to today, shortly after the factory one year warranty expired we had the dryer, microwave and fridge repaired to the tune of way over the original $1300.00 paid for the extended warranty. Fridge and micro are Frigidaire Professional series and the dryer is a Samsung. Fridge has had several ice maker problems and the last repair the tech completely replaced the entire ice maker. No problem since. Micro had to have the door replaced that contains all the brains for it. Can’t remember the dryer problem but something had to be replaced. My wife has had the opportunity to give me the ole’ “told you so” many times....... extended warranty expired in March of this year so hang on baby....
1 x

beaverislander
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by beaverislander » Fri May 21, 2021 11:54 am

Hatchdog wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 10:09 am

My wife has had the opportunity to give me the ole’ “told you so” many times....... extended warranty expired in March of this year so hang on baby....
Don't ya hate when that happens? :shock:
0 x

RanchRoper
Forum Ambassador
Canada

Post by RanchRoper » Fri May 21, 2021 3:58 pm

Yup. Our dryer just croaked. 3 yrs old. Told the wife a clothesline will last forever and is energy efficient.
3 x
1860 Colt SA Richards Conversion Revolver .45C
1860 Henry .45C
1885 High Wall .45C
1820-1840 Frontier Percussion .50
1790-1820 Frontier Flintlock .50

Ohkínohkomit - Shoot skillfully

Ernie
Drover
United States of America

Post by Ernie » Fri May 21, 2021 4:09 pm

RanchRoper wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 3:58 pm
Yup. Our dryer just croaked. 3 yrs old. Told the wife a clothesline will last forever and is energy efficient.
Just have to carry a big stick to break off the ice in the winter.
0 x

GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by GFK » Fri May 21, 2021 4:14 pm

I can understand. Had to replace a washer, a few years back. After a couple of years, it would not drain. Looked online and called a serviceman, and placed a service call with the manufacturer. Come to find drain line clogged with hairpins. Cancelled the service call. Cleared the line and things have been okay. The serviceman that I called gave some guidance. I was not able to thank him though. I think he moved on.
0 x
Actions speak louder than words (Matthew 7:16-20).

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Fri May 21, 2021 4:17 pm

RanchRoper wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 3:58 pm
Aint that the truth!!
Just spent over $1500.00 today.... :shock: OUCH!!
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

Cowboy Gun Fan
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Cowboy Gun Fan » Fri May 21, 2021 4:53 pm

Actually a Clothesline works great, lol.

We have both. Not only saves Electricity, but keeps wear and tear off the Dryer. When the Washer finally quit after about 12-15 years, the Dryer was still fine, but we switched both anyway. Where they are located is a real pain to get at.
0 x
NRA Member

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Fri May 21, 2021 5:05 pm

Hatchdog wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 10:09 am
My wife has had the opportunity to give me the ole’ “told you so” many times
understood ... we never used to consider extended warranties but with the way they build'um today, that has change in the last few years .... ;)
1 x