Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Long Ranger Thought

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Re: Long Ranger Thought

Post by North Country Gal » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:56 am

JEBar wrote:I'm not in the market for another firearm of any type but that could change in a heartbeat .. ;) .. in thinking about it, if Henry was to add a 30-30 to their clip fed Long Ranger line, I would be very interested .... as a reloader, being able to load a 30-30 with any shape/style 30 caliber bullet is most appealing ..... for me it would pump new life in a classic cartridge

Just a thought, but you may have more luck convincing Henry to add the 30-30 to their new single shots. Makes more sense there and it gets you the same potential for using spire points. I'ver shot a Contender pistol with a 30-30 barrel for years using 120 and 130 grain spire points.
0 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:37 am

North Country Gal wrote:Just a thought, but you may have more luck convincing Henry to add the 30-30 to their new single shots. Makes more sense there and it gets you the same potential for using spire points. I'ver shot a Contender pistol with a 30-30 barrel for years using 120 and 130 grain spire points.

understood and agree .... unfortunately, outside of a classic Winchester 94 type lever action, there isn't much of a market for 30-30 .... the capability of 308 has pretty much guaranteed it .... I also suspect that the market for a single shot 30-30 would be very small .... my bet is your Contender is a very capable firearm ....
0 x

clovishound
Drover
United States of America

Post by clovishound » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:44 pm

Another thing is that 308 brass is the next most common brass laying on the floor at the range after the ubiquitous 5.56. I rarely see 30-30 brass available.
0 x
There is, I think, humor here which does not translate well from English to sanity. - Sanya