Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

It arrived!

Tubby
Tenderfoot
United States of America

It arrived!

Post by Tubby » Thu Oct 12, 2023 1:24 pm

Picked up my X model .44 last evening. Have not had a chance to clean and fire it yet, and cannot wait! It fits like it was made for me (maybe I'm short?) Smooth easy action, love those FO sights, and trigger exactly right for me - I don't like 'em too light or too heavy. Hopefully Saturday afternoon I'll take it for a run.
7 x

Rifletom
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Re: It arrived!

Post by Rifletom » Thu Oct 12, 2023 1:39 pm

Nice! Handloads or factory ammo?
0 x

Tubby
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by Tubby » Thu Oct 12, 2023 2:40 pm

Handloads - hard cast 190 over 4227. Figure I'll shoot it, clean it, shoot it, clean it... ha.
0 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Thu Oct 12, 2023 3:25 pm

congrats indeed .... looking forward to your ongoing post as you become better acquainted with your new Henry .... be sure to follow the link below where you may be able to add it to our forum's total

http://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic.p ... 74#p230974
0 x

Tubby
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by Tubby » Thu Oct 12, 2023 6:13 pm

Done and did!
1 x

Ernie
Drover
United States of America

Post by Ernie » Thu Oct 12, 2023 7:42 pm

Congratulations. Shoot and enjoy it.
0 x

5shot
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by 5shot » Thu Oct 12, 2023 10:16 pm

Congrats on your new Henry X-Model. I got one in .44 about a month ago and agree with you about the smoothness of the action, the trigger pull and the the "exactly right" feel of the gun. Here's a pic of how mine is set up....
.44 X.jpg
I got the Ranger Point quick takedown screw because I like to clean from the breech end and it takes about 30 seconds to get the lever and bolt out of the way. The O-ring on the screw keeps it from loosening. The Ranger Rhino picatinny base has a "trench" in the center that allows use of the iron sights if you remove your scope or reddot. I went with an Ultradot 30mm Gen 2 reddot in low Warne rings and the quickly removed Streamlight TLR1-HL weapon light.

Just in case you needed any ideas on how to spend even more money. :lol: :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
5 x

Luv the lever
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Luv the lever » Thu Oct 12, 2023 11:03 pm

I didn’t set out for the X model, in fact it did not appeal to me but 1,000 rounds later it’s my favorite in the safe! Trigger, weight, balance, length and those sights are awesome. I’d like them on my traditional looking rifles.
0 x

Tubby
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by Tubby » Fri Oct 13, 2023 6:15 am

5shot: Since you mention it, once I take out the lever and bolt, I just reach in and pull out the extractor, is that right? Watched a youtube, looked like just the 3 simple steps. I plan on adding a fore end light to mine at some point as well , just gotta gather some more pennies ;)

Luvthe lever: Funny story, I went into Stateline back in July to put in an order for the new Marlin .44, and the old fella just laughed at me lol. He said we'll order you one if you really want it, but gonna be a while and pretty pricey. Why not check out the Henrys? So after a week of researching, this X seemed ideal. I go back the next week to order the Henry, and the younger guy says, hey we got a Marlin coming in if you still want it. I opted for the Henry and am so glad I did. Definitely worth the wait.
1 x

fortyshooter
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by fortyshooter » Fri Oct 13, 2023 3:37 pm

Congrats on the X 44 Tubby! I have one in 45 Colt and a nice shooter when I want to shoot big lead quietly with the suppressor screwed on.
Those 190's you have ought to be moving along right well.
0 x