H012 Is home now

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Re: H012 Is home now

Post by markiver54 » Tue Aug 29, 2023 6:15 pm

FormerParatrooper wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 5:34 pm
Finally got to hit the range. Work, weather when home and other parts of life held range time off.

Started at 50 yards with Sellier and Bellot .357 Mag 158 gr SP. Shot a group of 3, adjusted, another group of 3, another adjustment and then found center. About a 1-inch group, probably more me than the rifle. Moved to 100 yards and shot a group, pretty close to the 50 yard group.

Proceeded to bust up some melons and wanted to get about 100 rounds thru her. After about 60 rounds started to notice the zero was shifting. The scope loosened up on me. I didn't use any thread lock on the scope base. Took scope off and kept shooting with the iron sites.

Lesson learned, even though I used a torque to set the mounts, the thread lock would have helped. I have the scope remounted, just waiting for the next break to go shoot it again. Then come November she will be in the ground blind waiting for a doe.
Excellent, I love mine, and yes, a little blue or purple thread lock should do the trick.
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

Vaquero
Ranch Boss
United States of America

Post by Vaquero » Wed Aug 30, 2023 12:45 pm

I've had a scope on mine in 41 mag, didn't use any type of loc tite on the screws.
And it has yet to shake loose.
And I run a lot of heavy bullets through it regularly.

RP
0 x
Monte Walsh "You have No idea how little I care". :lol:

Ain't No Apologies for My Temperament :shock:
Si vis pacem, para bellum
H001, H006, H012

FormerParatrooper
Wrangler
United States of America

Post by FormerParatrooper » Wed Aug 30, 2023 6:51 pm

Used some blue.

RP, I am not sure why if the lack of Loctite did it or my torque is off. It was new, had it a few years and never used it. I am of the mind to cover all my bases, so Loctite for now and need to find somewhere to check calibration of my torque.
1 x
I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children can live in peace - Thomas Paine

US Army, 1983-2004.

H012 GMR