Redthies
Cowboy
Canada

Re: Anyone need a spare lever?

Post by Redthies » Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:13 pm

Stets wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:50 pm
That lever us getting enough frequent flyer miles to earn a free trip! Lol
NJ to FL, FL to OR. Where it ends up nobody knows!
It’s in Deer Park Washington with Hatch, and I’m going to take it international to Christina Lake British Columbia! If it doesn’t work for me I know someone with a different model rimfire that wants a small lever :lol:

You’ve started a a great tradition of passing parts around! You’re a good man Stets!
1 x
SGC .22 LR Stripped and oiled up
BBSC .357 w Skinner Express & Patridge
BBSC .44 Magnum with Skinners
Marlin 1895GS .45-70 w RPP Cloverleaf
Marlin 336BL .30-30 w Skinner LoPro 2 and Sig 2-7x
1912 Winchester 1894 .30 WCF

Hatchdog
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Hatchdog » Tue Mar 07, 2023 2:40 pm

The mystery is solved. Today I pulled a standard lever from another Big Boy and compared the two. Exactly the same to the eye test. So I put the lever sent to me by Stets in that rifle and it worked fine. When I first put the replacement lever in my large loop Big Boy there was some resistance and since I’m not one to force things I backed off. Big mistake. I pulled the large loop out again and firmly inserted the replacement lever and it fit and functioned perfectly.

So for the little guy sent to me by Stets its journey has come to an end. It will be living and levering 41 mags in and out here in Washington State. I’ll be passing on my large loop to 45Steel who had contacted me a few weeks ago expressing an interest in it. Funny, he and I are on the same page wanting consistency in the style of levers in our Henrys. He claimed OCD and I’m right there with him. :lol:

In the words of The Grateful Dead, “What a long strange trip it’s been”. :D
4 x

.45Steel
Wrangler
United States of America

Post by .45Steel » Fri Mar 10, 2023 5:37 pm

The large loop lever from the very generous Hatchdog is now installed on my BB.45 colt and functioning as it should. My 3 Henry rifles all match now and my OCD is calmed.
I'd like to pay this forward, so I'm offering this regular straight lever to anyone who would would like it. It is exactly like the one Stets posted a pic. of in the 3rd post of this thread topic. (Anyone need a spare lever?) Let me know here and send me a PM and it's yours.
3 x
H010G 45-70
H012 .45 Colt
H001TER .22

Stets
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by Stets » Sun Mar 12, 2023 6:29 pm

I love it when a plan comes together... lol but, I'm still without a lever for my HO10.. dare I try again with Henry?
0 x
Don't listen to people that say you don't need more guns and ammo. No one needs that kind of negativity in their lives!!

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:04 pm

So Stets are you wanting a small loop lever then?
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55