Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Henry trigger kit from Ranger Point Precision

Metonto
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Henry trigger kit from Ranger Point Precision

Post by Metonto » Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:43 pm

Has anyone tried the Henry Trigger Kit from Ranger Point Precision?
3 x

leverjc
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Re: Henry trigger kit from Ranger Point Precision

Post by leverjc » Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:37 pm

Didn't even know they made one. I'll have to check it out.
1 x

leverjc
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by leverjc » Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:06 pm

Just looked at it on their web site. I wish they had better pics but RPP has a good reputation, so they probably work well. I couldn't see the seer though. The trigger return spring alone will take about a half pound off the pull.
20220113_105439.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2 x

JimCunn
Wrangler
United States of America

Post by JimCunn » Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:57 pm

I just ordered one for my .357Mag H006M.
Will be a couple of weeks before I have a chance to install it and triggershims.
1 x

Shakey Jake
Drover
United States of America

Post by Shakey Jake » Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:02 pm

Let us know how it works out for you.
Jake
0 x

GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by GFK » Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:49 pm

I thought about getting a Happy Trigger, for my Marlin. An engineer, who was at Marlin's Connecticut plant: on the Marlin forum, adviced against it. He stated that it is best to let the trigger wear in. So, I will see how that goes. It's probably going 3 years since that statement was made. It has worn in some. Would like more. But, I thinking about the long haul, 20 years or so. I like to try and get as much use out of the rifle that I can. My Henry has worn in quicker than my Marlin. Yet, I have had my Marlin longer and have probably shot in more. Trigger pull does impact POI. So far, I have been able to live with POI. Therefore, I have left it alone, for now. However, I have polishes the trigger on both. I did see some improvement on the Marlin. The Henry, not as much. Nevertheless, I am able to shoot a pretty good group, at 100 yards. The Marlin has a scope, and the Henry had a peep sight, which works for now, for what it is worth.

Henry
IMG_20221113_133624947_HDR~2.jpg

Marlin
IMG_20221113_133425294~2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
0 x
Actions speak louder than words (Matthew 7:16-20).

~BumeRod~
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by ~BumeRod~ » Sat Nov 19, 2022 9:12 pm

I have the Ranger Point Precision trigger kit in my .45 Colt Big Boy X. 200% worth the $45, IMO. It is a drop in sear and trigger return spring. The sear alone is supposed to take you down to 3.5 lb pull, and the spring will supposedly shave another couple ounces. All they did was redesign the factory sear a bit. Worked as advertised in my rifle. I must have gotten very lucky, because my X had a fantastic trigger, right out if the box. Under 4 lbs for sure. The Ranger Point trigger kit knocked it down even more, but also took out any take up and the pull is so CRISP when it breaks. I cannot wait to get some wear on it. I have quite a few Ranger Point parts on my rifle and they have quickly become my favorite aftermarket parts supplier for sure. If you order, use the code WOLF10, to get 10% off your entire order. Hope this helps.
1 x
~In my defense, I was left unattended....

Mr. Neutron
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Mr. Neutron » Sat Nov 19, 2022 10:21 pm

On my H009G, with my old Willams spring-type trigger pull scale, the factory sear/spring combo broke around 3.5 lbs, sometimes 3.75 lbs.. After the RPP kit, it measures 3 lbs. even; sometimes in the very high 2 lb. range. To me, it's a good, safe trigger weight. I'm happy with it, and will enjoy gettin' it to maybe wear in some more. I'm definitely not a "connoiseur of fine triggers", but this one makes me happy. :) I feel it the $$$ were worth it, I guess.

Can't say if it's improved my groups any, because I've been playin' around with reloads. I'd like to say that it's improved my groups, my standing and the community, and made me taller. The latter two are a definite "NO!", and since I'm happy with this trigger, I'll just enjoy it.
1 x
Jimmie

An Okie living in Oregon

H009G
H004
H009BG
"Never miss a good chance to shut up." Will Rogers
"It's better to eat yer fruit before ya shoot it." youtuber WHO_TEE_WHO

Ozarkwoodswalker
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Ozarkwoodswalker » Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:35 am

I got hapoy trigger on my marlin 336 and love it. It got rid of the trigger flop thst annoyed me. (A personal issue) the marlin people will tell you the trigger flop is built in on puropse. I suppose thats perfectly legit... but the happy trigger suirs me better.... like i say. A personal preference.
0 x

JimCunn
Wrangler
United States of America

Post by JimCunn » Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:58 am

My H006M started out sloppy loose, rough, with a 3 pound trigger and a lot of creep.

A couple of weeks ago, I installed a triggershims kit, a 33101 hammerspring, and dosed it with boron nitride dry lubricant. Changes snugged it up, smoothed it, reduced the pull to 2 pounds average, and maybe helped a bit with the creep. Not bad.

Last night I installed the RPP sear and reduced return spring. Brought the trigger to an average 1.25 pounds and eliminated the creep. This is just a plinking rifle, but that's too light. I'm gonna bump the pull back up towards 2 pounds with the standard return spring and call it a day. All in all, I'm quite pleased with both kits.
2 x