Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Henry trigger kit from Ranger Point Precision

leverjc
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Re: Henry trigger kit from Ranger Point Precision

Post by leverjc » Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:22 am

I think that is a good idea. With a standard spring lock time will be reduced and misfires will not happen as often. I like my triggers at about 2 plus pounds.as any lighter I tend to have it go off before intended/
2 x

JimCunn
Wrangler
United States of America

Post by JimCunn » Sun Nov 20, 2022 11:31 am

Yeah, me too.
1 x

GermanGunner75
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by GermanGunner75 » Sat Jan 14, 2023 12:20 pm

I have the RPP trigger on my H010. I will be installing one on my 45LC xModel. The thing I personally like the most about it is the reduction in creep. I don't have a trigger pull gauge. I'm more about feel than focusing on the weight. It "feels" great and yes my groups shrank in average size with the more consistent trigger pull. It's for sure in the low 2's # pull weight, a bit low for a levergun, but that isn't a worry to me
1 x

Forge
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by Forge » Sat Jan 14, 2023 4:26 pm

I picked up a well used Big Boy 45 Colt carbine and the RPP sear wouldn’t work in mine. There’s just enough slop in the bolt, that it rides just high enough to not consistently or completely seat the trigger with the new sear. The result, when it doesn’t seat, is that the trigger gets hung up in the undercut of the bolt and jams it up. I then have to pry the hammer down to set it in the sear. I had to return it to stock which is still a decent feeling 4 pounds, 2 ounces.
0 x