Holosun green dot

Marinus
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Re: Holosun green dot

Post by Marinus » Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:29 am

North Country Gal wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:27 am
The most common problem adding a peep sight with a high profile to a lever gun that came with open sights is that the gun will shoot high, sometimes way high, because the peep is sitting up much higher over the bore than the factory open sight. The factory supplied front sight is designed to work with the lower over the bore factory open sight. The fix is to change to a higher front sight. Skinner would be a good source for those.
When I installed the XS rail and sight, I also installed their front sight, which seems pretty high. At least the two are designed to work together. Not sure what I was doing wrong, but it’s possible my attempt to bore sight it first just made it worse.
0 x

Bill.68
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Bill.68 » Tue Aug 30, 2022 3:23 pm

On ANY sight, electronic, glass, irons, I ALWAYS do a mechanical zero first thing so I at least know that the post, dot or reticle is in the middle of its adjustment range. I always zero in less than 10 rounds. Most times considerably less. Hope this helps.
0 x
Please always remember to never forget, No matter where you go, there you are.

rickhem
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by rickhem » Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:27 am

North Country Gal wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:27 am
The most common problem adding a peep sight with a high profile to a lever gun that came with open sights is that the gun will shoot high, sometimes way high, because the peep is sitting up much higher over the bore than the factory open sight. The factory supplied front sight is designed to work with the lower over the bore factory open sight. The fix is to change to a higher front sight. Skinner would be a good source for those.
This was my experience as well. I had the Skinner peep already on the rifle I bought, but it was well over a foot high at 25 yards. I just swapped over to a Weaver base and now have a 1-4X scope on it.
0 x