Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

My new .357 "X"

iceman-cometh
Tenderfoot
United States of America

My new .357 "X"

Post by iceman-cometh » Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:49 am

Picked it up a couple of days ago, ran a patch through the barrel, attached my suppressor and fired off a couple of rounds of .38 Special in my backyard, where doing so ain't legal. What a sweet rifle! I sold off my AR-15 style rifle to help pay for the new toy, and I'm glad I did. I never truly enjoyed the AR...it was ugly, clunky, and loud, and I'm too old to be playing "macho man" with modern, military-style firearms. So, now I have three rifles I like..,.the Henry, a semi-custom .22LR semi-auto, and a Ruger American bolt action in 7.62x39. All are lots of fun to shoot. I don't hunt, but I do enjoy killing paper targets, gongs and sodapop bottles and cans. I paid much too much for the Henry! :D Oh, I stuck the Henry rail on her and attached a Vortex red dot. I'm ready if the Russkis invade!
5 x

Cofisher
Drover
United States of America

Re: My new .357 "X"

Post by Cofisher » Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:25 am

Congrats!
0 x
Remember, it's not how many guns you have. It's how many bullets you have.

GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by GFK » Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:27 am

Nice!
0 x
Actions speak louder than words (Matthew 7:16-20).

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:09 am

Congrats on the X model. Im old and still have my AR. I dont hunt either but like you killing steel targets and clay pigeons with my 22 is alot of fun. My AR will stay even though I dont shoot it much just in case I need it.
2 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

iceman-cometh
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by iceman-cometh » Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:38 am

Clays...now there is an interesting idea for a backyard target,,,the "evidence" turns to dirt, Will give them a try! I'm not too concerned about needing an AR...haven't needed one yet, and our local sheriff and deputies, while gentlemenly and ladylike to ordinary citizens, get everywhere quickly to take care of nasties. A few years ago, the sheriff discovered a crack production house being set up. He stopped by and told the proprietors that unless they were gone by sundown, he and a full assault team would stop by and kill all of them.
1 x

Vaquero
Ranch Boss
United States of America

Post by Vaquero » Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:28 pm

iceman-cometh wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:38 am
Clays...now there is an interesting idea for a backyard target,,,the "evidence" turns to dirt, Will give them a try! I'm not too concerned about needing an AR...haven't needed one yet, and our local sheriff and deputies, while gentlemenly and ladylike to ordinary citizens, get everywhere quickly to take care of nasties. A few years ago, the sheriff discovered a crack production house being set up. He stopped by and told the proprietors that unless they were gone by sundown, he and a full assault team would stop by and kill all of them.
My kinda Sheriff, may I ask what state you live in?
I have 2 Ar's and they aren't going anywhere, like Al, just incase I need them.
I don't trust the law to protect me, as it's not their job.

Congrats on the X, now that is something I'm not crazy about the looks of. :o :lol:
Enjoy though and glad to have another like minded fellow among us.

RP
0 x
Monte Walsh "You have No idea how little I care". :lol:

Ain't No Apologies for My Temperament :shock:
Si vis pacem, para bellum
H001, H006, H012

iceman-cometh
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by iceman-cometh » Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:02 pm

I live in southern, rural Maryland. I've been shot at a few times, but not around here...once in Mississippi, once in Louisiana, and once in El Salvador. Never by a young lady's father. :)
1 x

Rifletom
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by Rifletom » Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:15 pm

iceman-cometh wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:02 pm
I live in southern, rural Maryland. I've been shot at a few times, but not around here...once in Mississippi, once in Louisiana, and once in El Salvador. Never by a young lady's father. :)
Why were you being shot at? Serious question.
0 x

iceman-cometh
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by iceman-cometh » Fri Jun 17, 2022 6:29 am

The first time in Mississippi while registering black voters, the second in El Salvador while working on a land reform program, and the third in Louisiana while helping organize offshore oil field supply boat workers.
1 x

Hatchdog
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Hatchdog » Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:07 am

iceman-cometh wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:38 am
Another low/no cost target idea for you is ice. Fill a bunch of red solo cups with water, freeze and then go out and “water” the backyard. Food coloring can be added if needed. Nice reactive target that’s self cleaning.
3 x