Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

New option for big boy x models

azdover
Wrangler
United States of America

Re: New option for big boy x models

Post by azdover » Sun Jun 19, 2022 1:56 pm

If you're going to use this wood furniture kit on your 357 X Model, you're probable going to have to shim the forend. I recently installed the parts on a Big Boy Steel 357 and found the forend had some up & down play near the receiver along with some side to side play. Guess that's to be expected since the 357 barrel and magazine tube are smaller in diameter than my 44 X Model. The H10-200 forend fit nice and snug on my H012X when I did the swap.

My original 357 factory installed forend already had a small cork pad installed that ensured a tight fit. It's the one on the left. The H10-200 forend is on the right. To eliminate the slop, I used some 1/4" and 1/2" diameter adhesive backed felt pads that I had sitting around in a drawer that I bought a while back at a hardware store. I used two 1/2" pads stacked one on top or the other in the bottom of the forend. I also added a pair of quarter inch pads to the top front and back corners of forend so it would fit snuggly against the barrel to eliminate any side to side movement.

Just something to keep in mind.

0 x