Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Henry 45/70 With Load Gate

jstanfield103
Cowhand
United States of America

Henry 45/70 With Load Gate

Post by jstanfield103 » Tue May 18, 2021 7:40 pm

Guy's/Gal's

I have to admit and have said that Henry is a good gun and they make good rifles. But for me they have never excited me. I have always been a Marlin fan and have several, when it comes time for trade bait I always get rid of the Henry's first. Like I said they really do not excite me. I had a steel 45/70 that I traded on a Uberti 1873 in 45 Colt that is a 1873 Limited Addition Deluxe short rifle. Beautiful ! Anyway I was looking for another 45/70 and decided to buy another Henry Steel 45/70 with a loading gate this time. I have not shot it as of yet (working 11hrs. a day so this weekend) but this rifle excites me. I believe all it took was to have the loading gate and really like that they left the tube feed part also. Great idea for both.

I will cut the LOP down this weekend to 12.5" to fit my frame, I placed a Bullseye rear sight on her yesterday and a finger takedown screw today. Can wait to get her to the range. Who had any idea that the loading gate would make that much of a deference to me. I sure did not and could never put my finger on why they just never really excited me. But now they do and very happy so far with it. If it shoots straight it will be a winner. Last two Henry's I purchased both had to be replaced due to bad barrels and hole for mounting a scope rail off center. Last 45/70 shot a foot to the left even after adjusting way to one side. Henry made them both good and no complaints.

Pictures to come.
0 x
Aim Small, Miss Small

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Re: Henry 45/70 With Load Gate

Post by JEBar » Tue May 18, 2021 9:32 pm

good to hear .... looking forward to your coming use impressions and range reports .... be sure to add it to our community's total ===> http://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic.p ... 04#p170904
0 x