Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

A 3rd Henry

White Squirrel
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Re: A 3rd Henry

Post by White Squirrel » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:35 pm

Nice, JEBar. He will love all of that.

So looking forward to when my grandson is old enough to get a birthday last this. He is only 2 1/2 now, but growing up fast.
1 x
Henry Frontier .22LR

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:24 pm

today was the day .. :D .. the Henry caught our grandson completely by surprise .. :mrgreen: .. after opening his gift we drove over to a friends range where we sighted in the scope and fired 50 some light 38 spl level loads in 357 casings .... we also fired a dozen or so full power 357 rounds .... both grouped well but at 25 yards we found a considerable difference in where they grouped on on a target .... I was pleased with our grandson's progress in handling his rife as well as shooting it .... the pictures below pretty well tell the story .... as noted, he was firing at 25 yards
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2 x

Deadwood Dutch
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Deadwood Dutch » Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:13 pm

Simply outstanding! I am sure that he was overjoyed with his new rifle. Thanks so much for the photos and the report.
1 x
U.S. Navy ⚓️ 1965-1969 - NRA Member - Henry H004, Henry H001

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:15 pm

Great group of photos, JEBar, recording a very special day that will never be forgotten by your grandson!
Glad he, and everyone, enjoyed his birthday.

BTW, some these photos of your 11-year old opening that Henry definitely need to be posted on the Henry customer comments web page https://www.henryrifles.com/customer-letters/. Both Henry RAC and Henry owners will enjoy seeing them!
0 x

~Пока~

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:30 pm

PT7 wrote:Great group of photos, JEBar, recording a very special day that will never be forgotten by your grandson!

BTW, some these photos of your 11-year old opening that Henry definitely need to be posted on the Henry customer comments web page https://www.henryrifles.com/customer-letters/. Both Henry RAC and Henry owners will enjoy seeing them!
I hadn't considered sending a note with pictures to Henry .... interesting idea, will have to give it some thought .... by the way, our grandson just turned 8, not 11 .... he's 4' 7" tall and weights about 70 lbs .... he's growing so fast that he his general hand-eye coordination hasn't caught up .... that will come in time but for right now, rifle shooting is one activity he does well
0 x

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:08 pm

Oops! Never was any good with kids' ages, JEBar. :lol:
Sorry about that.

Check out the customer letters on the Henry site. There are tons of them, and I always enjoyed those where kids get a Henry and/or are shown shooting them. Great first rifle to have and get involved in the shooting sports.

JEBar wrote:
PT7 wrote:Great group of photos, JEBar, recording a very special day that will never be forgotten by your grandson!

I hadn't considered sending a note with pictures to Henry .... interesting idea, will have to give it some thought .... by the way, our grandson just turned 8, not 11 .... he's 4' 7" tall and weights about 70 lbs .... he's growing so fast that he his general hand-eye coordination hasn't caught up .... that will come in time but for right now, rifle shooting is one activity he does well
0 x

~Пока~

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:50 pm

on your recommendation I did take a look .... can't find an email address to submit a letter with a picture
0 x

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Post by CT_Shooter » Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:16 am

JEBar wrote:on your recommendation I did take a look .... can't find an email address to submit a letter with a picture
Anthony@Henryrepeating.com should do it, JEBar. You should be so proud of yourself for raising your son and mentoring your grandson to enjoy shooting sports. Fantastic.
0 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

PMC
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by PMC » Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:53 am

That's one happy little boy!
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:34 pm

CT_Shooter wrote:
JEBar wrote:on your recommendation I did take a look .... can't find an email address to submit a letter with a picture
Anthony@Henryrepeating.com should do it, JEBar. You should be so proud of yourself for raising your son and mentoring your grandson to enjoy shooting sports. Fantastic.
kind words and info appreciated .....
0 x