Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Henry Model: H012GCC

XJP5
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Re: Henry Model: H012GCC

Post by XJP5 » Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:15 pm

Thanks for the leads, much appreciated! I am speaking to a reputable Henry Gold dealer near me this weekend. I have it on good information that they can place an order for me next week for the model I'm looking for, directly with Henry. Wait time is unknown, could be weeks or months before it comes in, but I'm willing to put a deposit down & wait, if needed. Price quoted was lower than MSRP, but not as good as I had hoped ($1,149.00 +tax). To be expected when a product is in high demand & short supply.
1 x
Henry Big Boy Color-Case Hardened Side Gate: Model H012GCC
20" Octagon Blued Steel
10 rounds (.44 Magnum/ .44 Special)
Link: https://www.henryusa.com/rifles/big-boy ... side-gate/

Trailsend
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by Trailsend » Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:22 pm

Well that’s goods news keep up posted. I was just pure lucky to get mine a couple weeks ago. A buddy called me and said they showed one HO12GCC. I called them and was told something didn’t look right and he has to check the warehouse and call me back. Ten minutes later he called and said he tucked it away in his office. Next morning I was there waiting for the doors to open up. I had to order the large lever for it but Henry got it to me within 3 days. Good luck.
0 x

XJP5
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by XJP5 » Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:31 pm

Trailsend wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:22 pm
Well that’s goods news keep up posted. I was just pure lucky to get mine a couple weeks ago. A buddy called me and said they showed one HO12GCC. I called them and was told something didn’t look right and he has to check the warehouse and call me back. Ten minutes later he called and said he tucked it away in his office. Next morning I was there waiting for the doors to open up. I had to order the large lever for it but Henry got it to me within 3 days. Good luck.
That's awesome. Sometimes you just get lucky and are at the right place, at the right time, and it pays off. I'd love to see you post some pictures of the receiver, to check it out. Seems like the last two products I've purchased have been hard to find, including this Henry. Hopefully I can get it before the end of 2022.
0 x
20" Octagon Blued Steel

Trailsend
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by Trailsend » Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:42 pm

5499B4AA-7C62-4C2E-92E0-FD6E185205AF.jpeg
]
Here you go I believe this is the one you’re dreaming about. :lol: Again good luck
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:24 pm

XJP5 wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:15 pm
I got mine by pure persistence. I read the news online morning and evenings. I made it part of that routine to check the Sportsman website. Having the gun bookmarked made it a quick check. After months it became available and I ordered it on the spot. I had also used Sportman's 'Notify Me...' The 'Notify Me' came two days later, which was dumb 'cause they were by then again out of stock. Same story for the .30-30 Sidegate.
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

XJP5
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by XJP5 » Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:47 pm

Mags wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:24 pm
I got mine by pure persistence. I read the news online morning and evenings. I made it part of that routine to check the Sportsman website. Having the gun bookmarked made it a quick check. After months it became available and I ordered it on the spot. I had also used Sportman's 'Notify Me...' The 'Notify Me' came two days later, which was dumb 'cause they were by then again out of stock. Same story for the .30-30 Sidegate.
Good point Mags, I did the same bookmarking vendors and using the "Notify Me" features. I may have a lead on one right now. Waiting to confirm that this week, hopefully.
0 x
20" Octagon Blued Steel

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:00 pm

it might pay you to call Henry's customer service and request help in locating one like you want .... have info ready to give them as to the name and location of your Henry dealer .... haven't seen any post of folks doing so recently but do know that in the not too distance pace they have helped folks find what they are looking for
0 x

Centaur
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Centaur » Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:18 pm

I just picked up a blued 45 after about a year of looking. Consider your search a treasure hunt.
My lgs has a brass 44 mag on their rack right now.
0 x

XJP5
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by XJP5 » Sat Oct 08, 2022 8:38 pm

JEBar wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:00 pm
it might pay you to call Henry's customer service and request help in locating one like you want .... have info ready to give them as to the name and location of your Henry dealer .... haven't seen any post of folks doing so recently but do know that in the not too distance pace they have helped folks find what they are looking for
Actually, I did contact Henry and with their assistance, I was able to meet with one of their Gold dealers to place an order. I have a verbal order in with the owner, just for the time being. We're just waiting for Henry to forward a quarterly order form to them and she will place my order in, if she can.

Henry manufactures certain models during certain quarters of the year, if I understand correctly, so my order it will depend on whether they are producing the H012GCC model this 3rd quarter of 2022, or not. One of the dealer's customers has been waiting on a different model since last November, which is terrible.

If not produced this quarter, I will keep looking at various online dealers and the "treasure hunt" will continue, I guess. :(
Last edited by XJP5 on Sat Oct 08, 2022 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
20" Octagon Blued Steel

XJP5
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by XJP5 » Sat Oct 08, 2022 8:43 pm

Centaur wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:18 pm
I just picked up a blued 45 after about a year of looking. Consider your search a treasure hunt.
My lgs has a brass 44 mag on their rack right now.
Centaur, congrats on stumbling across your 45, I saw that post! I'll take luck any day brotha'. These supply chain issues are really beginning to get to me. We had to replace a rear sliding glass patio door on my house. Laid down $2400 in cash in July at Home Depot and the vendor (JELD-WEN) has pushed the dates back 3 times, with no explanation given. The next date is next Friday 10/14 and supposedly it's due to arrive. Manager told us he can refund our purchase when it arrives. I told him if it's not at the store on 10/14 and I'm not refunded 100%, I will have chase Bank reverse the charges.

Customer service has gone out the window nearly everywhere.

Glad you had a win!
0 x
20" Octagon Blued Steel